Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Vastly?

DCL has played twice as many minutes as Beto and scored twice as many goals. That's not "vastly better". It is in fact proportionally identical.

I'm not saying DCL is a bad player. I'm not saying Beto (or Chermiti) is "better". I'm simply pointing out that:

- we are in financial bother
- any fee raised from selling DCL is pure profit
- DCL is the oldest of the three strikers (no, Maupay doesn't count because he's going anyway)
- DCL and Beto have near identical minutes per goal stats

DCL is unfortunately not going to get any better than he is currently. I simply don't think he's as important to the club's future as Pickford or Branthwaite is.

If someone comes in at £70m for Onana then great, sell him and Beto. But even then, we'll still be talking about selling one of DCL, Pickford or Branthwaite NEXT year, and the answer's still the same.

If we want to get out of the financial mire we need to keep buying the DCLs and Branthwaites of this world for less than £10m and getting five or six good seasons out of them before selling them on for big money at 27 years old.

Or we can stay in the mire.

DCL is a better player than Beto. If the goal outputs were identical then we'd still be worse off due to their overall 'skillsets'.

Have to sell DCL - He's run his course with us I think and only has a year on his deal. I think we'll struggle to get £30mil due to his injuries.

Beto isnt the answer either and we should try to move him out for a small loss.

Then along with the Maupay money put it together so we sell 3 and bring in 1 superior starting centre forward, with Chermiti as backup.

Yes, he's vastly better, I mean he scored twice as many goals for a start, minutes don't matter, only goals.

By all means sell DCL, sell whoever we can receive a good fee for.

But if we are selling our best Striker and 1 of the main reasons we stayed up this season, then he REALLY needs replacing and IMO, Beto and Chermiti aren't that.

Is it wumming or trolling posting about things you only watch on youtube or read in the sun comic?

DCL needs someone else up front to draw defenders. With Richarlison, he was way more dangerous because Richarlison demanded attention. Even if they have some money to spend in the next window, you are not getting a fully developed Richarlison equivalent in their budget. They need to properly identify a guy ready to breakout that is still cheap. That takes someone to identify talent and that has probably been one of the most consistent weaknesses of the team recently.

Neither DCL or Beto (with these tactics) are repeatedly creating and scoring goals themselves. We need that centre forward who doesnt solely rely on others.

Definitely need more players to develop and I think if we had a Chermiti profile wide player that could be developed to 'replace' Richarlison we'd be doing well.

We're obviously bringing Barkley back and that's fine depth for the squad I suppose but just watching him again now tonight for 90 minutes, it's incredible how he's the exact same player at 30 that he was at like 22. The unfortunate part of that is in 99% of cases that is a compliment, not for him, he's absolutely not developed and the only reason we will be signing him is that our regression has been on the same level as his. Not a PL starter, fine depth for us on cheap wages as a Doucoure sub.

I didnt spend time watching Luton this season but when I have caught snippets hes generally been played as a central or deep midfielder -- rather than the attacking midfielder that he was before. I expect if we managed to get Ndidi and Barkley they would be competition for Gana and Garner.

Totally agree.

People have Zat fever if there's genuinely advocating selling DCL and not replacing him at all. Two CFs for the first 25 games with one of them not even 20 yet. And the other has been a big disappointment generally.

When have I ever posted to sell DCL and not replace him?

Ive only ever said to sell him and Beto as neither are going to push the team up the table themselves. Also we will be selling Maupay so put the lot in a pot and sign a starting centre forward with Chermiti as backup.

It makes little sense to hold onto the 3 so why keep them?

DCL is a better player than Beto. If the goal outputs were identical then we'd still be worse off due to their overall 'skillsets'.

Have to sell DCL - He's run his course with us I think and only has a year on his deal. I think we'll struggle to get £30mil due to his injuries.

Beto isnt the answer either and we should try to move him out for a small loss.

Then along with the Maupay money put it together so we sell 3 and bring in 1 superior starting centre forward, with Chermiti as backup.

Is it wumming or trolling posting about things you only watch on youtube or read in the sun comic?

Neither DCL or Beto (with these tactics) are repeatedly creating and scoring goals themselves. We need that centre forward who doesnt solely rely on others.

Definitely need more players to develop and I think if we had a Chermiti profile wide player that could be developed to 'replace' Richarlison we'd be doing well.

I didnt spend time watching Luton this season but when I have caught snippets hes generally been played as a central or deep midfielder -- rather than the attacking midfielder that he was before. I expect if we managed to get Ndidi and Barkley they would be competition for Gana and Garner.

When have I ever posted to sell DCL and not replace him?

Ive only ever said to sell him and Beto as neither are going to push the team up the table themselves. Also we will be selling Maupay so put the lot in a pot and sign a starting centre forward with Chermiti as backup.

It makes little sense to hold onto the 3 so why keep them?

Don’t accuse Evertonian’s of reading The Sun.