Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Wingers to sign from the championship:
Jaden Philogene
Jonathan Rowe
Summerville
Willy Gnonto (seems pretty jet at RW and has 8 goals plus a few assists despite only playing 40% of minutes which would have brought his value down)
Morgan Whittaker (seems to be more of a striker given his off ball movements plus his dribbling seems to be weakest out of all those mentioned though that could just be the yt clips I’m watching).
Jack Clarke

Johan Bakayoko at PSV would be first choice but he undoubtedly would be more expensive by a mile than any champ player.

Jaden Philogene
Jonathan Rowe
Summerville
Willy Gnonto (seems pretty jet at RW and has 8 goals plus a few assists despite only playing 40% of minutes which would have brought his value down)
Morgan Whittaker (seems to be more of a striker given his off ball movements plus his dribbling seems to be weakest out of all those mentioned though that could just be the yt clips I’m watching).
Jack Clarke

Johan Bakayoko at PSV would be first choice but he undoubtedly would be more expensive by a mile than any champ player.

Most of those you listed are far too expensive. If not all.

Jaden Philogene
Jonathan Rowe
Summerville
Jack Clarke

Hume at Sunderland could be an option for us if we are looking to improve at full back

Barkley i suspect looks better with a one year contract, rather then a three year one.

Generally id be against on principal, but im a pragmatist ultimately, he would add some guile and creativity in transition and we need a player who can stand on the ball and control the game and tempo - so ultimately im open minded.

If you get him you have to accept you will be carrying him to a degree.

I think we need to sell Beto, but we will need to send him out on loan before doing so, as nobody is going to pay anything close to what we paid for him right now.

I’m not in love with Che Adams, but he’s going to be available on a free transfer. I’d be interested in bringing him in whilst Beto is out on loan, and then we end up selling both of them in Summer 2025.

It looks like this type of method is going to work with Maupay; we will actually get some money for him this summer following his loan move to Brentford.

Barkley i suspect looks better with a one year contract, rather then a three year one.

Generally id be against on principal, but im a pragmatist ultimately, he would add some guile and creativity in transition and we need a player who can stand on the ball and control the game and tempo - so ultimately im open minded.

If you get him you have to accept you will be carrying him to a degree.

Yep. few times this season. Recently actually, ive seen him do that barkley of barkley things. His error and he's let somebody else chase his error. I think that would drive dyche up the wall.
Twist, as you say. Probably picks out a pass better than our current midfield.
Never thought id be back posting about barkley and Everton again.

Yep. few times this season. Recently actually, ive seen him do that barkley of barkley things. His error and he's let somebody else chase his error. I think that would drive dyche up the wall.
Twist, as you say. Probably picks out a pass better than our current midfield.
Never thought id be back posting about barkley and Everton again.

Ive watched him a fair bit mate and seen the same.

Thats my doubt also - im not sure Dyche would go for him as he asks everyone to put in a shift and you have to carry Barkley to a degree.

Pragmatically id have him back, purely on finance and we absolutely need a player with his creative skill set - he comes with the baggage we speak of though.

I think we need to sell Beto, but we will need to send him out on loan before doing so, as nobody is going to pay anything close to what we paid for him right now.

I’m not in love with Che Adams, but he’s going to be available on a free transfer. I’d be interested in bringing him in whilst Beto is out on loan, and then we end up selling both of them in Summer 2025.

It looks like this type of method is going to work with Maupay; we will actually get some money for him this summer following his loan move to Brentford.
Please no more of this. If he can't be sold suck it up and use him in the squad. We just end up with two poor players and double the wages - it's exactly why the club is in such a state with wages.

Jack Clarke would be a great signing..

He would be a good signing, but I think he’d be quite expensive. Summerville is better but would likely be even more expensive than Clarke. Brereton-Diaz however also looks good in that position.

In an ideal world, we’d sign Summerville, but as we are skint, I think a loan move for Brereton-Diaz would be our best option for that left side wing forward position.

Ive watched him a fair bit mate and seen the same.

Thats my doubt also - im not sure Dyche would go for him as he asks everyone to put in a shift and you have to carry Barkley to a degree.

Pragmatically id have him back, purely on finance and we absolutely need a player with his creative skill set - he comes with the baggage we speak of though.

….agree, it’s unlikely and he said recently that he likes his players to press and recover when the opposition goes past which largely discounts Barkley. Saying that, Barkley seems much fitter and sharper than I’ve ever seen him & Dyche has used Gomes who is very much in the same category.