Summer hopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Dane

Player Valuation: £15m
We need the finances sorted and with Bill not likely to ever be selling the club, we need to sell players. Moyes IMO seems tired and idealess, a new manager would be good to signal a new era and to bring new ideas into the club.

So out with Moyes and replace him with Jol, Bilic or Lambert.

Out:

Heitinga £8 m.
Bilayletdinov £6 m.
Arteta £10 m.
Fellaini £25 m.
Rodwell £25 m.
Neville £0.5 m. (he is the symbol of the Moyes era, and is no longer worth anything on the playing field, he has a role as captain and in the dressingroom, but can we really afford for him to take up a place in the starting 11 given his age and ability?)
Yakubu, Yobo and Vaughan will be gone as well, perhaps for a combined fee of £8 m.
Total income: about £80 m.

In:

James MacArthur - Wigan
James McCarthy - Wigan
James Morrisson - WBA
Graeme Dorrans - WBA
Joey Barton - Newcastle
Connor Wickham - Ipswich
Alan King - Leicester

Blood:
Duffy
Baxter
Barkley

That should leave us with younger, hungrier replacements a base for building a new team and most of our expensive debt removed.

I know most don't rate a lot of the players I listed as targets but to me they are the young, hungry, eager to prove themselves and British players we need.

We need the finances sorted and with Bill not likely to ever be selling the club, we need to sell players. Moyes IMO seems tired and idealess, a new manager would be good to signal a new era and to bring new ideas into the club.

So out with Moyes and replace him with Jol, Bilic or Lambert.

Out:

Heitinga £8 m.
Bilayletdinov £6 m.
Arteta £10 m.
Fellaini £25 m.
Rodwell £25 m.
Neville £0.5 m. (he is the symbol of the Moyes era, and is no longer worth anything on the playing field, he has a role as captain and in the dressingroom, but can we really afford for him to take up a place in the starting 11 given his age and ability?)
Yakubu, Yobo and Vaughan will be gone as well, perhaps for a combined fee of £8 m.
Total income: about £80 m.

In:

James MacArthur - Wigan
James McCarthy - Wigan
James Morrisson - WBA
Graeme Dorrans - WBA
Joey Barton - Newcastle
Connor Wickham - Ipswich
Alan King - Leicester

Blood:
Duffy
Baxter
Barkley

That should leave us with younger, hungrier replacements a base for building a new team and most of our expensive debt removed.

I know most don't rate a lot of the players I listed as targets but to me they are the young, hungry, eager to prove themselves and British players we need.

all a bit radical for me lid too many changes in one go

This is real life. Not Football Manager 2011
I know, but our debt is real as well and the faster we remove it the better we will be off. Sitting around waiting for a buyer of the club to pop up is not the way forward. Radical problems require radical solutions - we will be better of in the long term, as our wage bill will be cut down to half size, no debt and a young team.

What do you mean?

Don't worry, just pulling your leg....think about it ;-)

I hear you, but as Cena said. This is FM11 at its best, you know, when you are either given 40m to spend in the summer, or you transfer list half your team, and teams bid for all your players and you then blow it all on Eden Hazard et al.

You reckon we could buy and sell all those players in one summer?

The manager in and out part really excites me

I hear you, but as Cena said. This is FM11 at its best, you know, when you are either given 40m to spend in the summer, or you transfer list half your team, and teams bid for all your players and you then blow it all on Eden Hazard et al.

Yeah I do, I think that there is genuine interest in Arteta, Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga, and Russian clubs would gladly take back Bilya. Fees might already be in place for Yakubu, Yobo and Vaughan, so I don't think it is unrealistic.

I agree with Cena! King would be a good buy though I will give you that. Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 18 I am hoping he is part of a deal with the Yak going the other way...Yes I am deluded.

I am literally 100% sure the original post will not happen.

I hate these threads.

As much as i agree that drastic stuff does need to happen, this is Everton.

Things like that just don't happen to us.

I have no summer hopes.

Yeah I do, I think that there is genuine interest in Arteta, Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga, and Russian clubs would gladly take back Bilya. Fees might already be in place for Yakubu, Yobo and Vaughan, so I don't think it is unrealistic.

I feel your pain

But this is Everton. I think half of those players may go, but for half the money you are expecting

We'll get 1 of the players you've mentioned, half of them aren't good enough and sadly Wickham will join Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal

I agree with Cena! King would be a good buy though I will give you that. Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 18 I am hoping he is part of a deal with the Yak going the other way...Yes I am deluded.

If King isn't scoring he doesn't really offer anything else and its a big step up from Championship to Prem, but Moyes has excelled in championship signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.