fernandes **
silva
vidarsson

johnno
beatts
mcfadden
vaughan
anichebe

thats just 26 players, 4 are keepers. so 22 outfield players.

we have sold kilbane, davies, and weir. finally brought silva in, loaned manny.

pistone and wrights contracts are up in the summer.

who do YOU think is for the exit this summer?

I think Wright, Pistone, VDM & Beattie will be on their merry way next season, and I say good riddance to them. [Poor language removed] wasters. I also think Vidarsson might be let off, haven't seen him myself, but I get the impression moyes/the club aren't too keen on him.

i will be sad to see beattie go to be honest. we all know what he is capable of if he shows the willingness. such wasted potential if he doesnt pull his finger out quick. in the second half of last season he was playing with heart. he would chase every ball and put his worth in. all that couldnt have disappeared instantly.

i don't think there will be as much as a clear out as you imagine. wright and pistone as thir contracts are up. that will be it.

im unsure.

cars was almost a wolves player in the summer.

im not sure if vdm is going to get his 12th chance, and could be italy bound to be back with his family - they can also look after his house when hes at work

i put beatts, mcfadden, and naysmith in the "distinct possibility" catagory.

adding it all up, from last summer + what could happen this summer

outs

ferguson
davies
kilbane
weir
pistone
wright

carsley
vdm
beattie
mcfadden
naysmith

Ins

johnson
lescott
howard
silva
fernandes*

if we make uefa outright or get an intertoto place, with the associated league money and tv deal, then i suspect we will see more incoming than the three we saw last summer.

i like cars, i really do, i appreciate what hes done. sadly in the position he plays physical presence and Pace are essential. he has the former, is lacking severly in the latter. Add to that the fact his passing isnt 100% and suddenly its difficult to be sentimental. if i had my way we would still have reid.

time is a cruel mistress.

I have wanted to see the back of BT since long before this season began, the lad just doesn't have it, he is a drain on our meagre resources. VDM should be place on Bidston tip and left to rot. Wrongy will be off to Ipswich or Norwich, Pistone will open a restaurant at the Albert Dock. Carsley like Stubbs will be given at least another year at GP.

We will sign Fernandes, I believe the ink has dried on that deal although the authorities have not seen the contract. Nugent is a must and DM should, and no doubt will, do some more astute shopping in the lower leagues.

I had expected THo not to sign for us, he had not made any favourable comments about EFC so I was pleasantly surprised when he did put pen to paper. He is not the best goalie around by any means but he will do nicely having seen what Wrongy is capable of, or rather not capable of. I hope he may be able to point the club in the direction of some reasonable US players, there seems to be a well of talent at cheap prices although the Beckham signing just might persuade some to remain at home.

Im chuffed that we have signed Tim Ho, I know it doesnt mean a lot but he is top of every opta stat going:
No keeper in the Premiership with more than 40 saves has a better saves-to-shots ratio than he does.

I think Fernandes is a must and I think we should all keep our fingers crossed that Preston DO NOT get promoted because then we will be able to sign the lad Nugent. I just hope Moyes follows it up and signs him after his 'come and get me in the summer plea' I would hate to see him end up at somewhere like Middlesborough or the [Poor language removed] barcodes.

Without a doubt I think Dickie is gone and I do also think that Beattie will be off- probably somewhere like Bolton or Newcastle where i do think he will actually be a hit.

Like it or not we do need some depth and not just players for the first 11, I think they are just as important really. We need to look at players that arent going to cost the earth but are willing to bide their time and are happy for a squad place rather than a starting 11. Players like your Kilbanes, Davies or Osman who can do a job when called upon- but stay away from the starting 11. Any ideas who they could be?

players want to play, look at upson, sidwell, glen johnson, for instance.

its difficult to keep players happy when they are on the bench a la chelsea, who have the incentive of £100,000 a week to keep stars there.

we need quality throughout so moyes can rotate regularly.

if a side plays in the prem, and makes the uefa cup final, league cup final, and fa cup final, how many games does that mean in one season?

Last edited:
I know players want to play thats why its so difficult to find ones that can do a job and have to play from the bench. Can you imagine Arteta being happy to being benched? Players hate squad rotation, and I believe a settled 11 is a lot better than rotation.

Yes you need quality in depth but its the fringe players that are important- maybe quality youngsters trying to prove their worth or older quality that can still do a job?

It is said a side needs two players for each position to be able to compete.

johnno/vaughan
cahill/anichebe
osman/vdm
arteta
carsley/neville
fernandes
hibbert
valente/pistone
lescott/stubbs
yobo
howard

moyes cant make 10+ subs per game, i quite like the wenger method of playing the youth prospects and a few seniors in the league cup, but if moyes were to try that it would be another wave of criticism due to his 'not taking cup competitions seriously'.

we only have fernandes on loan, we have been in dire need of that quality midfielder since dacourt and hutch left. so the area finally addressed now, is at least something.

(note: McCann had to leave for first team football)

Status
Not open for further replies.