Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not care less about this People's Club crap. We are not an ethical society. We're Everton ffs. At one point (and sadly a time I wasn't alive to witness) we used to be the greatest football team in the world. THat's the aim here. I'd sign Zidane immediately after that headbutt for all I care. Hell I'd even sign Suarez even though he's the biggest cheater in the game right now.
So you want us to be like the RS with all of their wife beating, racist, cheating swine? If we bin off our values then we might as well merge with that shower and be done with it. I stand with @Toast

The issue here is simple.

The tabloid ferrets dont wanna make any effort, so what they do is think, "Everton, Premier League Club, will try and sign a Premier League Striker", so they look around the league, they clearly dont look at any player in the teams above us, bar Rooney, cos reasons, so they then link us to every mid range Premier League striker not playing for a top 6 club.

Thus meaning we get linked to dross like Vardy, Deeney, Gray and other tosh before the windows out.

Just wait till the window opens, Ronny comes back from holiday, the Internationals are over and im sure we will get movement after we sell Lukaku.

The issue here is simple.

The tabloid ferrets dont wanna make any effort, so what they do is think, "Everton, Premier League Club, will try and sign a Premier League Striker", so they look around the league, they clearly dont look at any player in the teams above us, bar Rooney, cos reasons, so they then link us to every mid range Premier League striker not playing for a top 6 club.

Thus meaning we get linked to dross like Vardy, Deeney, Gray and other tosh before the windows out.

Just wait till the window opens, Ronny comes back from holiday, the Internationals are over and im sure we will get movement after we sell Lukaku.
Key point in bold

Some sense.

Spurs are yet again the model to follow here. We need the type of Alli signings, but also have to attract some similar to Eriksen and find that type of player this summer. Clearly, Eriksen didn't demand UCL football as an all or nothing as Spurs were in the Europa League the season he joined. They were also attracting players of the ilk of Luka Modric when he was still home-based and not quite attracting the levels of attention he subsequently earned. Van der Waart was another example of a good signing at the right time.

This is surely why Walsh has been brought to the club. I think Champions League is overstated in its immediate importance to players. They all want to be sold an idea of where a club is going, where things are headed over the next 2-3 years. Clearly not only have Spurs sold themselves well but they have also delivered if they promised UCL football to anybody over the course of a contract. That adds hugely to credibility now and they should reap the rewards.

We are told we have the finances, and we should even without any largesse from Moshiri, be able to compete in the sort of targeted market we should be fishing in.

The unknown is obviously what sort of narrative we are giving to players and agents. The amount of rejections last summer was obviously a concern, but a year on with UEL football and definitive stadium plans, surely we are better placed. Comparisons with Man City are futile as their takeover was a game-changer overnight, and even then they signed quite a bit of dross at inflated prices.

It isn't that we can't offer UCL football, its what players/agents, and the wider footballing world are hearing in between the lines when Everton are mentioned. Are we a club on the up, bullish, and with bold and ambitions plans? If so, that is a tremendously good sell if we can offer decent wages to boot, and spend a little over the odds if required.

If that doesn't stack up, and we are seen as happy to tread water with a finish anywhere in the top six seen as the holy grail, then our attractiveness is deservedly limited to players of similar levels of quality and ambition.
Excellent ;)

I'm too lazy Chicofrandel to do it with any greater regularity

Plus my unfortunate mini-break this week has necessitated an extended timeline
I wish you to know that we missed your absence every day friend.

It's been said that only The Weasel Index (TWIX) can save Evertonians from themselves every summer. I for one appreciate this fine service you bestow on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back