Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, we're bringing in so many players you'd think we're fielding 15 starters...

It's good to have many options but curious how Koeman will organise this. I guess he'll rotate quite much between the league and cups.

Our bench will be quality.

I'll get the FUTHEAD up now and see how I can squash these players in
keao2g.png

The firm

Man, we're bringing in so many players you'd think we're fielding 15 starters...

It's good to have many options but curious how Koeman will organise this. I guess he'll rotate quite much between the league and cups.

Our bench will be quality.
In previous windows I worried whether we had cover for all the positions, this window I'm worrying how we line up with them all - guess I'm just a natural born worrier but at least the latter is the better problem to have lol

Because I've seen him play and think he's good enough. He's brilliant going forward and solid enough - for his age - defensively. He was a key part of the U23s last term and Holgate was doing just fine at right-back.

Koeman likes him, but is naturally a pragmatic guy. Martina would add experience on a no-risk deal, and allow us to tick over until Coleman is back.

We've got positions that are more of a priority.
Huge step up from U23s to premiership football. We should be bringing in someone who is good enough and then if Kenny is all that you say he is he would be able to win his place of him.

Holgate was not fine. After Coleman got injured our results were awful. Decent defender, may make it as a CB but he's not a RB.

Eh?

Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Lukaku?

Or do you mean in the sense of signing a 'proven' quality player in their prime?
None of those guys, with the possible exception of the Yak, were recognised "top players" before they came to us. All of them either were recognised as such during their time with us or left us as one. I think the OP meant us signing a ready made, near universally recognised superstar. Kanchelskis was the last one of those we signed in their prime rather than a promising youngster or a faded legend (cough).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back