Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Why not. Take a chance. Giroud, Sandro, Lookman, Ronney, Niaang? - Looks a helluva lot better than Lukaku and ????

Seems likely we'll get Sigurdsson and Giroud.

So where does that leave us? Another striker? Another RB/LB/CB?

We could well spend another 100m but not sure if we will.

Being greedy I would still like another striker in even with Rooney, Giroud, and Sandro.

Dembele would compliment what we have already / might be getting quite well.

Be nice if there was still such a thing as a decent utility defender who could play more than one role, Alan Harper might not have been a regular in the 80s but what a guy to cover different positions when needed.

Rooney/Sigurdsson/Giroud + 1 other would be great - that's about as much as could be asked for in one window and about the limit of what could be absorbed in terms of integrating so many new players together.

There will still be gaps even then but we are not Real Madrid, we can assess where we are later.

Well Sigurdsson looks to be the next through the door and I'm well happy with that, or will be atleast! We want Giroud but it's not a given we will get him. It'll be interesting to see wether or not he would come up north or not? But I just think we need one more striker aswell as Rooney & Sandro. We do have DCL who Koeman wants to keep in and around the squad and keep giving him his chance so that's the 4th striker in our squad.

And I just can't see it with van Dijk. Not saying we're not interested or anything or that we haven't asked the question, but I just can't see Southampton selling him this summer. But I would like to see another CB brought in. Maybe IF Funes Mori goes then we will look at doing that?

But IF we can get Sigurdsson & Giroud in next, I'd like to see a wide player brought in, a genuine wide player, preferably a left footer to add balance to the squad in the final third as it's very right foot dominated imo. Who I don't know, would Mahrez be possibly? You never know, Walsh has that connection and Mahrez seems to of changed his tune on the "I want CL football" shouts and now it's a new challenge he needs. Maybe we can be that challenge? Or maybe we could look at Ghezzal?! He's now a free agent so could be worth a shot. But I do think we need a wide option as with Bolasie out injured and Lookman still raw and learning, it's a weak position in the team/squad imo.

And I do think we will get some LB cover/competition in. Galloway as been loaned out now, Garbutt doesn't seem to be fancied by Koeman and that leaves Antonee Robinson as the only other LB and although he's a promising talent and may get his chance, I do think we need to be looking at someone to come in and possibly in time replace Baines in the future but come in and be taken under Baines' wing.

I still think we'll make another 3-4 signings for the first team/squad before the window is out.

hmmm I would say talk like this is a tad premature!

Nothing wrong in aiming high of course, but we don't have an Aguero, a Kane, a Sanchez as of this moment in time.

Get a top notch slotter in to replace Lukaku and we could seriously be challenging for the top 4 if we gel and hit the ground running.

Let's not forget the teams above us will strengthen too of course!

Think that's going to be the big thing with so many signings that could go straight into the first team

Swerve Niang if he's with that fat snake Raiola - we don't need another player angling for a CL club the moment the ink dries on the contract.

;)
Total cash outlay on players is not an issue as it is limited over a three year period not a one year timeframe. Wages is a different issue, we can raise it by £7m a season (which;);) isn't much when you consider Rooney's wage alone is over £6m) plus any increase in non-broadcast revenues. The close to £50m profit on Lukaku gives us latitude on the wage increases. In other words SPEND, SPEND, SPEND (for one year only!)
Thanks mate, much appreciated;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back