Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

should we have waited to sell Lukaku, until we had a replacement?
Personaly i don't think soo. He wanted to leave, and soo far we got a handfull of great players.

we are doing decent, and not looking desperat or being broke.

I do wish for Dolberg, this transfer, or Giroud.

Please Koeman, make a bid on Dolberg, he can not refuse.

He'll be off to Monaco once the Mbappe deal to PSG is sorted.

Sandro will be really good once he settles. So many people are just focussing on the price tag.

We need another option so we can switch tactics upfront though.

Stupid thing is, we spend a lot on a player, people complain, don't spend enough on a player, people complain. How much you spend on the player isn't important, just the quality of the player.

The latter mate.

I've argued we go for Sigurdsson since last summer. So while I'm glad we secured him the price was £15M OTT imo.
The price was high but it was what they wanted. We didn't overpay. We payed exactly what they asked for. If we'd over payed it would have been: Swans: "We want 45m for Gylfi". Everton: "Ok here's 60". You're talking cobblers again. Quit with the bullshine.

Im not sure mate, he has had another 10 games in the league under his belt since that injury and hasnt cut muster for me. Pellgrino is a good coach though and it is interesting he has gone for Gabbi over Austin who is capable of well into double digits in the PL. That said Austin is coming back from a bad injury.I think we need someone different to Gabbi for me, he is someone who works angles for his goal and his finishing in that is his stregth, dirifiting out on the flanks and working a shot. We need a focal point centrally for first time ball and centrally in the box for crosses, presence and slotting, i really dont see Gabbi as that.
Lets be honest we are looking for a big grock upfront who can score headers and generally push people all over the gaff.
Ideally that fir me is a Plan B.

Our Plan A should be a striker who can pull defences this way and that way creating space for others like Rooney, Klaassen, etc in behind him as well a leading the line and snapping up chances in the box. We do need an aerial threat but I like the way Wenger approaches that issue with his use of Giroud, who he sometimes starts but mostly calls off the bench as a change of plan.

Because he said he wanted to stay at Arsenal mate.

I know mate but Arsenal don't seem bothered. Wenger said they opened the door for him to leave so that makes me think if we bid enough they'll accept and then what does that say to Giroud, you're not wanted here? He may still say "no I’m happy warming the bench" but, & I know it’s fanciful thinking, I’d like to think if Koeman and Walsh can speak with him and sell the club to him we can change his mind. He's better than being Arsenal's plan B or C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back