Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if there is a little more to the Costa stories than people first credited (i.e. no chance).

It initially looked at if Koeman was just answering in his usual honest way, that he'd love him but it's fanciful. He keeps making reference to him though, and it now looks as if he is courting him.

Much will come down to how much Chelsea want him out of the dressing room, how willing they are to concede to Athletico's demands and how far they see us as a potential challenger. If they feel we are still a bit off, but giving us Costa for a year may do some damage to their title rivals in makes perfect sense.

It's hard to see Conte wanting to keep Costa, maybe someone at the club softens to him and tells Conte he has to use him until January. Likewise Chelsea may look to prove a point with Athletico of not being bullied. This is quite central to how Chelsea operate now, looking to move players on for big fees in a lot of cases to China. If they allow Athletico to come in and low ball them it will not sit well and be a major glitch in their transfer model, as other clubs will see how they operate. While our offer will only likely be a loan, it would be seen as a much stronger move to take a big loan fee that we are likely to offer and display to clubs they won't be negotiated down.

I genuinely hope so. There's a lot of cliches about "final pieces of jigsaw" but in Costa it would feel apt. It would round off what would have been a very decent window for us. I also think it would make us competitive with any side in the league in a given game. Costa and Rooney are big personalities that have thus far been missing, with the return of Besic, we'd also have a lot of snide in the team. Ultimately thats why I suspect it won't go through. In truth though I'd be quite happy to put all eggs in the Costa basket, and if it fails use Calvert Lewin than settle for most of the other names mentioned.

We appear to want Costa. Chelsea may want Barclay.

There has been tension between both clubs since the Stones debacle. But perhaps both clubs could benefit from negotiating here.

I'm not Shaw's biggest fan, however he would fit the mould of some of the other signings Koeman's made, thinking of Bertrand in particular.

In the world of inflated and insane prices there's a lot to be said about taking other clubs caste offs. A loan might work for both parties and Koeman can see if he has some hunger.

Looking at him last season it's the hunger of a different sort that he appears to have.
Looked a bit heavy to say the least.

There was a player in there at Southampton but I am not sure he can turn it around as Bale did.

Think it may be worth looking at who was knocked out of europe the other day and seeing if they have any players we could sign. Ajax an obvious place to look so will we try for Dolberg seeing as Costa is fantasy like VVD was in July on here. Think we may be in for a surprise incoming before Thursday and I think Barkley will leave too.

Warnock said in his press conference yesterday that it would take a bid of £30m for Zohore to go so he is out.

Seriously though,does Warnock really think they would get anywhere near £30m?

Think their board would bite someone's hands off with a bid of £10m and a couple of add ons.

I do wonder if there is a little more to the Costa stories than people first credited (i.e. no chance).

It initially looked at if Koeman was just answering in his usual honest way, that he'd love him but it's fanciful. He keeps making reference to him though, and it now looks as if he is courting him.

Much will come down to how much Chelsea want him out of the dressing room, how willing they are to concede to Athletico's demands and how far they see us as a potential challenger. If they feel we are still a bit off, but giving us Costa for a year may do some damage to their title rivals in makes perfect sense.

It's hard to see Conte wanting to keep Costa, maybe someone at the club softens to him and tells Conte he has to use him until January. Likewise Chelsea may look to prove a point with Athletico of not being bullied. This is quite central to how Chelsea operate now, looking to move players on for big fees in a lot of cases to China. If they allow Athletico to come in and low ball them it will not sit well and be a major glitch in their transfer model, as other clubs will see how they operate. While our offer will only likely be a loan, it would be seen as a much stronger move to take a big loan fee that we are likely to offer and display to clubs they won't be negotiated down.

I genuinely hope so. There's a lot of cliches about "final pieces of jigsaw" but in Costa it would feel apt. It would round off what would have been a very decent window for us. I also think it would make us competitive with any side in the league in a given game. Costa and Rooney are big personalities that have thus far been missing, with the return of Besic, we'd also have a lot of snide in the team. Ultimately thats why I suspect it won't go through. In truth though I'd be quite happy to put all eggs in the Costa basket, and if it fails use Calvert Lewin than settle for most of the other names mentioned.

Chelsea DO want rid of him since the situation is a disruptive influence, Costa HAS to keep up match fitness in order to be of any use to Spain or Athletico, in the present market what everyone want the Everton Board to do is spend a lot of money on a mediocre unproven in the Premiership Striker. All the Available names that have been bounced around haven't been that special.

Think it may be worth looking at who was knocked out of europe the other day and seeing if they have any players we could sign. Ajax an obvious place to look so will we try for Dolberg seeing as Costa is fantasy like VVD was in July on here. Think we may be in for a surprise incoming before Thursday and I think Barkley will leave too.
I have an idea that was what Ron and Steve were thinking too. They're club is out of Europe and we're still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.