Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOD HE HAS THE DREAMIEST EYES
gif-2-2.gif

Lukaku has Sanchez, Ibra, Aguero, Costa, Kane to beat. Keane has Mertesacker, Vertonghen, Smalling, Cahill, Kompany. It's a matter of the level of competition each has. Keane, simply put, is quite good and the above aren't much better, or I would argue a few are worse. Rather have Keane than Mertesacker and Smalling. I wouldn't choose Lukaku over any of the strikers listed above.

why did you choose the best 5 strikers from the top 5 and then their 2nd/3rd choice centre backs?

You're more than welcome to correct me. Who would you choose as the best CB from each of the teams listed above?

well, koscielney and mustafi are better than Mertesacker,
Alderweiereld is better than Vertonghen,
Bailly is better than Smalling,
Azpilicueta (and possibly david luiz on this season) are better than Cahill
Kompany - definitely the best city centre back although he does spend 3/4rs of every season out injured.

I just don't see the fuss with keane, i don't think there's any centre back in the prem right now we should be buying that would be realistic. Van Dijk is possibly the only one who is get-table that would be good enough, but for the prices branded about? Not for me, could surely pluck someone from abroad who's better and for half the price.

Hopefully that puts an end to their interest in Sandro

Hopefully. Guillem Balague reckons Atl. Madrid want Lacazette, he's their No.1 target IF they get this transfer ban sorted but Sandro is waiting to see how all that developes cos he wants to join Atl. Madrid as he would prefer to stay in Spain but if it's not them then he wants to join us... Allegedly?!

Don't think the release clause kicks in until next summer though, if what I've read is correct, so if he stays this summer I'd say it's off the agenda entirely

I dont understand the Mertens love in.
I've always seen him on par with Mirallas to be honest.
He has had a fantastic season but you look at his stars
Hopefully. Guillem Balague reckons Atl. Madrid want Lacazette, he's their No.1 target IF they get this transfer ban sorted but Sandro is waiting to see how all that developes cos he wants to join Atl. Madrid as he would prefer to stay in Spain but if it's not them then he wants to join us... Allegedly?!

As said before, sandro is done.
He si t going atletico, sevilla, bognor regis, anywere else. He has signed for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back