Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it is mind-blowing, especially when every other club who has ever identified a transfer target in the history of the transfer window has had the deal done the day after.

Crazy.

Or 2+ months after both the manager and Director of Football said we 'know our targets'

Yeah madness....

I am an incredibly impatient man and I am sure my F5 key takes as much of a battering as everyone else's come transfer window time, but the crying in here because we haven't concluded our transfer business yet is proper annoying.

YES, I am sure we identified our targets a while ago. The clubs from whom we wish to sign those players, however, may not have lined up the requisite replacement(s) yet. There may also be haggling to be done over fees, and let's not forget that there will be an agent involved who may well try to hold out for a better offer elsewhere.

It is no coincidence that the one signing we've been able to make was a free agent and so his old club had no say in when he could leave.

I have also heard shouts - I assume as it pertains to the two U20 lads we're sniffing around - that tournament football shouldn't be a barrier to signing players. While that is true, it is probably prudent to wait until a) the player comes through the tournament unscathed and b) their form during the tournament doesn't turn us off.

We will sign players when all parties agree to the deals on offer. In the meantime, can't we just get back to offering each other out over the internet and other such fun things?!

Or 2+ months after both the manager and Director of Football said we 'know our targets'

Yeah madness....

I've known I want to make sweet love to Liv Tyler for about 20 years and I am still no closer.

Zouma's - or rather Chelsea's - situation is well-publicised so that was always going to be a big "wait and see", and we're probably holding off on moving for a Plan B or C until we have a definitive answer.

Gomes is on holiday. Simple as. It may well be - and this is pure speculation - that all is agreed and it has been decided among all parties that the deal will be completed once he has had a rest.

As for other targets, there are always fees to be agreed, personal terms and agents' fees, etc. If the selling clubs haven't finalised THEIR list of targets yet, it delays whatever business we want to do with them.

I want to see signings, too, and I know we've got previous for dragging our heels but I think it's a bit early to be calling this as proper Everton behaviour just yet.

Also, just to pre-empt the "but Real have signed 17 players for 30 squillion quid" argument - They're Real Madrid. They tap up players behind the scenes who invariably agitate for a move; fees and wages involved are typically astronomical and serve to grease the wheels when it comes to sellers having no backup in place yet. Sadly, we lack both the pull of the Real brand and the crazy money they're chucking about.

I am an incredibly impatient man and I am sure my F5 key takes as much of a battering as everyone else's come transfer window time, but the crying in here because we haven't concluded our transfer business yet is proper annoying.

YES, I am sure we identified our targets a while ago. The clubs from whom we wish to sign those players, however, may not have lined up the requisite replacement(s) yet. There may also be haggling to be done over fees, and let's not forget that there will be an agent involved who may well try to hold out for a better offer elsewhere.

It is no coincidence that the one signing we've been able to make was a free agent and so his old club had no say in when he could leave.

I have also heard shouts - I assume as it pertains to the two U20 lads we're sniffing around - that tournament football shouldn't be a barrier to signing players. While that is true, it is probably prudent to wait until a) the player comes through the tournament unscathed and b) their form during the tournament doesn't turn us off.

We will sign players when all parties agree to the deals on offer. In the meantime, can't we just get back to offering each other out over the internet and other such fun things?!

Shut up cuboid head

Nothing stopping us getting players in early and signing top top players.
We now have a settled management team, stadium designs being released soon, and unlike the last few years where we have had:
  • Silva and Brands new in the roles
  • Fat Spud head Ronald and PE Teacher Walsh on a supermarket sweep
  • Fat Spud head Ronald getting offered the job and then taking a month long holiday before accepting
  • Martinez boring people as a pundit during the Euros
  • Pre-Moshiri bargain hunting the likes of Alcarez and Jermaine Beckford etc.

But it's Everton isnt it!!! What could go wrong??? Gueye moving on deadline day for £15m and having Schneiderlin and Davies as CM all season???? *cries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back