Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably will be. He just wasn't going to get the opportunity to develop at Everton. Can't keep players who don't have a spot in the squad just because they might be good.

And if it's £30k p/w off the wages, then that's still a little over £2m p/a back with everything factored in. The club would have amortised that over the three years left of his contract - add the £14m fee and that's the £20m for Andre Gomes transfer fee sorted.
If, as Moshiri and Brands said, the idea is to get promising youngsters on low wages but high(ish) transfer fees is true, why sell him then? If Sigurdsson is out, we have Tom Davies as backup. Why not keep him and rotate with Gylfi seeing as he is 30 and not in the long term plans?

I don't have an issue with him going, I just don't see the point in offloading him for 14mil ffs.

Making an initial 4mill profit plus a potential % sell on fee for a player who made 19 appearances, wasn't bought by the current management team and wasn't going to be part of their future plans is good business.
It's good business in the same way that Chelsea did good business when they initially sold De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah. It won't be good business if Vlasic improves as much as they did. We didn't 100% do the right thing here.

Biggest sale with just Kenwright in charge : Rooney, £30m

Biggest sale with Moshiri on the scene: Lukaku, best striker since the 80s for us, £80m.

Connect the dots.

If, as Moshiri and Brands said, the idea is to get promising youngsters on low wages but high(ish) transfer fees is true, why sell him then? If Sigurdsson is out, we have Tom Davies as backup. Why not keep him and rotate with Gylfi seeing as he is 30 and not in the long term plans?

I don't have an issue with him going, I just don't see the point in offloading him for 14mil ffs.

£8 million accounting profit (plus a potential sell on at some point in the future) for a player who seemingly wasn't in our plans and didn't want to be here

Vlasic was sent away to train with Mirallas, Williams and Cuco.

No matter how much potential a player may or may not have, if you appear to be a bit disruptive, or are unable to follow a mangers instructions, you get shut.

I want players who will run through a brick wall for this club.

I'd prefer clever ones who would go round or over the wall.

He probably will be. He just wasn't going to get the opportunity to develop at Everton. Can't keep players who don't have a spot in the squad just because they might be good.

And if it's £30k p/w off the wages, then that's still a little over £2m p/a back with everything factored in. The club would have amortised that over the three years left of his contract - add the £14m fee and that's the £20m for Andre Gomes transfer fee sorted.

SELL TO BUY!!!

Seriously, though - This is decent business.

Firstly, however “small” you might deem it to be, it’s a profit.

Secondly, assuming (cba looking it up) he signed a 5 year deal, his book value right now will be circa £6m; a sale for £14m means £8m profit hits our P&L which is significant because of our chunky losses YTD and how that might affect us in the slightly longer term re FFP, etc.

If he turns out the world beater that some of you evidently think he might, we get another decent payday and if not, we’ve made a profit and dodged a bullet.

It's good business in the same way that Chelsea did good business when they initially sold De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah. It won't be good business if Vlasic improves as much as they did. We didn't 100% do the right thing here.
I like Vlasic m8 but he's not reaching De Bruyne and Lukaku levels here

No matter how much potential a player may or may not have, if you appear to be a bit disruptive, or are unable to follow a mangers instructions, you get shut.

But that’s not why he was told to train away from the main group. You’re just making things up now.

I'd prefer they were just good footballers and leave the brick wall.

I don't believe he would have ever made the first team on a regular basis, so selling him on in my opinion is a good decision and gives us more money to buy somebody we need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back