Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern is both Silva & Brands said the targets were lined up and it was just a matter of going out and getting them. I hoped we would have by this stage atleast signed Gomes, a CF and Zouma/replacement CB then anything else towards the end of the window would have been a bonus.

Not panicking yet but for the upcoming seasons sake I hope we start making serious progress with deals in the next 7-14 days to give the new lads a proper pre season together with the squad.

Surely we’ll see some movement from us this week? As it currently stands, we’re weaker than last season.

There is not one credible link that we’re progressing on any striker, which is a worry. I can’t take another season of DCL.
If there were absolutely no credible links that would mean we were doing our business professionally for the first time since Kendall left! I don’t want to know what presents I am getting at Xmas, I want it to be a surprise.

My only concern is both Silva & Brands said the targets were lined up and it was just a matter of going out and getting them. I hoped we would have by this stage atleast signed Gomes, a CF and Zouma/replacement CB then anything else towards the end of the window would have been a bonus.

Not panicking yet but for the upcoming seasons sake I hope we start making serious progress with deals in the next 7-14 days to give the new lads a proper pre season together with the squad.
You can't sign a Zouma replacement until you know he's not coming back

The fact they aren’t here yet tells me they are unavailable at the moment as I trust Brands 100%.

I don’t necessarily mean unavailable as selling clubs won’t sell them yet (although that will be the case with Zouma) more so that they are at tournaments, Neres for example. However I expect we have a good idea what’s going on and are confident it will be completed when it can be hence us waiting.

It will be 3 weeks or so before we see these players here though, at the earliest.

I have complete faith in brands , I wish we would sign someone soo. But that’s just because it’s exciting to talk and think about . However I had zero doubt that we will be stronger than when the season ended. Think maybe the situation at chelsea and Zouma is what brands is waiting on before he goes out and gets other targets

I have complete faith in brands , I wish we would sign someone soo. But that’s just because it’s exciting to talk and think about . However I had zero doubt that we will be stronger than when the season ended. Think maybe the situation at chelsea and Zouma is what brands is waiting on before he goes out and gets other targets

Not sure how Zouma will affect our need for a striker......

Surely we’ll see some movement from us this week? As it currently stands, we’re weaker than last season.

There is not one credible link that we’re progressing on any striker, which is a worry. I can’t take another season of DCL.
We've made about five new signings already though... If you include Besic, Bolasie, Niasse, Mirallas.

Not sure how Zouma will affect our need for a striker......

Have you considered we may not even be looking for a striker.

Liverpool have just won the champions league without playing with a recognised striker.

I know for certain both Silva and Brands see Richarlison’s long term future through the middle and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they’d prefer to play with 3 interchanging goal scoring forwards across the front 3.

Adding players such as Neres and/or Malcolm (both of whom we’ve been linked with in the past) would certainly add more quality to this area and would mean we would be less reliant on certain players (Richarlison and Siggurdson).

Even players such as Kean, Traore and Rodrigo fit this criteria of fast, goals scorers who are all capable of interchanging and playing anywhere across the front 3.

We got about 15 league goals each from Richi and Sig last season. I have no doubt Richi will be better this year again as he’s still improving and is only a kid anyway but if we add another couple of players capable of those numbers, as well as more assists, then we should expect more goals from the players we have now as they get more chances and space.

Some incomings may depend on players leaving. Eg lookman Walcott gueye and if we get a permit for Henry or not.

Zouma we may still be waiting on. I would expect a new right back to come in if we have let kenny go as holgate is seen more as a centre half by silva.

A striker is a must with tosun being injured so only Calvert-Lewin and Richarlson for that position.

You’re not panicking but you appear to keep repeating yourself about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back