Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Walcott was poor, he pointlessly refuses to use Lookman and has to play someone on the right. He decided to switch it around because Richarlison drifts inside regardless so it doesnt matter what side he is on but Bernard has to be able to cut inside to even give the illusion of being useful. If the options are Malcom/Neres, Richarlison and Bernard the weak link is blindingly obvious.

We will see. He played Theo for about 25 games while shuffling Richie between the left left and the middle so I am not convinced by your theory

The bid would have been accepted, by all accounts, if we could have replaced him.

And we dont have to sell a big player, just selling 15 really rubbish 1s will do.

But if we are that skint and he's a saleable asset in the middle of an absolute nothing season then why turn down a bid. Especially as it was probably the last chance to sell him for a decent fee?

According to Esk, which is where all this no money talk has come from, we must be selling gueye.

Im not knocking him as he is just looking at the figures, however people believing him over the manager stating 3/4 more incoming, plus the world class accountant, who was initially employed by one of the richest me int he world and previously saying money will never be a problem whilst he is here, is a bit nuts to me.

Because Walcott was poor, he pointlessly refuses to use Lookman and has to play someone on the right. He decided to switch it around because Richarlison drifts inside regardless so it doesnt matter what side he is on but Bernard has to be able to cut inside to even give the illusion of being useful. If the options are Malcom/Neres, Richarlison and Bernard the weak link is blindingly obvious.

Reported for excessive WUMming

I am not anti him ffs, just pointing out that he was moved from the left to the middle to the right in order to get the best for the team.
Why is eveyone crying about this?

I have held my hand up many times and said I was wrong about him, but what I am saying here is true

You’ve slated him all season long saying we should sell.

I know this is going to sound SUPER looney crazy to you but............

Maybe the player on the right wasnt any good, and so it wasnt working, so he had to move his most flexible forward over there to get his best 3 on the field, and Bernard is better than Walcott?
As I just said, why did he wait 25+ games to do this then? If Richie is such all rounder why not do this sooner? DCL and Bernard were getting more game time than him at this point

You’ve slated him all season long saying we should sell.
Nope, in Feb we had a long discussion about, people starting crying because I was not convinced on his overall game. I said I would take the rumoured 80mil athletico had bid. At least try and tell the story how it was mate, be honest

But if we are that skint and he's a saleable asset in the middle of an absolute nothing season then why turn down a bid. Especially as it was probably the last chance to sell him for a decent fee?

According to Esk, which is where all this no money talk has come from, we must be selling gueye.

Im not knocking him as he is just looking at the figures, however people believing him over the manager stating 3/4 more incoming, plus the world class accountant, who was initially employed by one of the richest me int he world and previously saying money will never be a problem whilst he is here, is a bit nuts to me.

We are not gonna sell our best dm and play Davies there.

Nope, in Feb we had a long discussion about, people starting crying because I was not convinced on his overall game. I said I would take the rumoured 80mil athletico had bid. At least try and tell the story how it was mate, be honest

But you’ve just backed up my post about selling him and not rating him????

I started saying we were skint last week, before Esk, im not saying IM THE BEST, im just saying me saying we are skint is from me.

I said the same last season and we spent 80m, im often VERY wrong.

I was very surprised we didnt sell Gana, as you say we had very little to play for, it was good money for an almost 30 year old, very good "profit" to help the books, I think we struggled to replace him in the short window, thats probably why he wasnt sold, I dunno.

I mean im saying we are skint, that just means we dont have much in the kitty, as I say we could sell 15 or so players tomorrow, 15 players we dont need and make a LOVELY little transfer kitty, we have assets, we also have lots of wiggle room if we can get the wage bill down.

So whilst we dont have enough money to go and have a sesh in the pub, we do have a few 3 for 50s we could sell to give us some beer money, but sadly everybody knows its bashed.

Sorry if people dont understand the above, it just means your a good person.

Basically you are saying Richarlison being versatile means he isn't actually good and I don't agree that it works like that.

He is so versatile it took until the spring for him to be tried out in Theos position even though he (theo) had bombed for the previous 6 months.

Bernard and DCL were getting more game time than him, I do not know why, it is just an interesting thing to have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back