Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal have said no to signing Ziyech despite Overmars basically telling them they should do it. Honestly it makes sense because Arsenal have no money and aren't going to be able to offload Ozil or Mkhitaryan given their age and wages. But that leaves the door open and it doesn't seem like any of the top level CL clubs are really interested. We should make an offer. He might turn us down as he's said he only wants to go to an elite club but sometimes that stance changes when you are given three times as much money.
Did it ever cross your mind that maybe just maybe there is a reason why some very respected managers and DOF have not tried to sign him.
Unlikely as it seems they may know a little bit more than you

Surely the Delph signing points mccarthy and schnides through the door?

Gomes, Gana, schneiderlin, Delph and Davies for the two centre mid positions, is that too much, or does it allow us enough to play 3 in the middle at times?

I think schneiderlin will be maintained, because if we sell him we'd have to buy another DM (maybe he likes Williams enough but I doubt it). That crop above doesn't score any goals so we desperately need to buy two goalscorers still.

Mccarthy and besic can definitely go based on the above.

Go look at the heat maps of where he played at West Brom. It's basically right midfield. He got very little work on the CB skills that he previously lacked. And playing in the second division didn't prepare him for the speed of the Prem any more than he already was. I'm struggling to see how it had any benefit other than not having him ride the bench for half of a season.
Heat maps and ride the bench
Nover change America ,never change

Seems strange how we are linked with a number of older strikers, like mandzukic, Costa, welbeck, Rondon was linked to. Or 2 teenagers in Kean and leao. Kirkbride on a podcast said we want an experienced striker. So who knows.

In some ways I think it means most of Media haven’t a clue who we want.

I personally think we'll sign a young striker so him and DCL can compete with each other for the spot and an experienced striker to share the burden when necessary. Sadly I think it'll be Welbeck, who despite his injuries I don't rate at all.

If it was, could you see anybody being arsed to play as West Ham or Newcastle and just slipping into catatonic depressive states.

This is pretty much what every fm was for me playing as Everton haha no budget whatsoever. As soon as we're minted and buy really exciting players to use on fifa / fm, I grow up and have no interest in games.

Marcel Brands stated that the transfer targets were identified early on and were to be subsequently followed up. I can't think that Fabian Delph was on that list so it would follow that he is replacing someone who was on the original list but can't be brought in? I'll need a derby Day winner for Fabian to win me over I think but hopefully he will prove me wrong in the meantime. Good luck Mr. Delph, welcome on board.

Probably sosa, but they're entirely different players. I guess they bought rodri and he became available and we just went for it to beef up numbers. I still can't see him replacing gueye, I still can't see him in the first XI, but I don't know why we would have given a fringe player one of our highest wages. What I do know is, he can be used as a key player in big games, like Ferguson used to use Park Ji sung. You do need players like that.

Marcel Brands stated that the transfer targets were identified early on and were to be subsequently followed up. I can't think that Fabian Delph was on that list so it would follow that he is replacing someone who was on the original list but can't be brought in? I'll need a derby Day winner for Fabian to win me over I think but hopefully he will prove me wrong in the meantime. Good luck Mr. Delph, welcome on board.

Either towards the end of the season or just at the end of the season, my Dad said that he was told (I know) that we are interested in Delph, Welbeck and I think the other was Trippier. I laughed my head off saying no chance to any of them. Then we start getting linked to Welbeck and Delph, the rumours didn't go away and now we have signed Delph. Welbeck hasn't signed for anyone yet and now I'm worried. We haven't been linked to Trippier yet which I definitely can't see as he's 28 himself.

Either towards the end of the season or just at the end of the season, my Dad said that he was told (I know) that we are interested in Delph, Welbeck and I think the other was Trippier. I laughed my head off saying no chance to any of them. Then we start getting linked to Welbeck and Delph, the rumours didn't go away and now we have signed Delph. Welbeck hasn't signed for anyone yet and now I'm worried. We haven't been linked to Trippier yet which I definitely can't see as he's 28 himself.

There was a link at the end of last season to trippier if I remember correctly.

There was a link at the end of last season to trippier if I remember correctly.

I can't see it can you?

2 years younger than Coleman so not a long term option. Unless he rates Kenny and is giving him a loan to see how he fairs. Quite possible considering we sold Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back