Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when we signed Martina and were told to trust Walsh and Koeman, that worked out well...

I don't expect Delph to be anywhere near as bad of course, but enough unexciting signings have come in and been meh over the years that it's perfectly acceptable to think it could happen again. Hopefully it doesn't and I'll support Delph unconditionally when he plays for us because he'll be an Everton player, but acting like people are out of line for criticising such a signing is ridiculous

How can you call a signing washed up when they haven’t even played for us? Perfectly acceptable to do it if he completely stinks the place out once he gets here but I don’t understand what evidence there is to criticise the signing in advance of a ball being kicked.

I could more understand criticism for other signings when they arrived. Bolasie was a known quantity and most knew we overpaid, same with Williams, we could have a go at lack of experience of Sandro, waste of wages with Rooney.

Delph is still a good age, the city fans don’t particularly want him to go as he still has quality, and the fee is minimal in the current market. What angle is there to criticise this signing for until we see more evidence once he starts playing?

It’s not about a bling devotion to Brands, it’s about judging him on the output, and at the moment in terms of transfers he’s 6 from 6 in my eyes on the first window. We’ll obviously see how Lossl and Delph do plus any new signings. If they’re all poor then obviously my confidence in Brands in the next window would be a lot lower, but all we have at the moment is his credit in the bank from the last summer, and three deals this one that so far seem to be sensible ones.

£30m/£40m isn’t big money anymore. Leicester, West Ham, etc are in that market.

Delph hasn’t won the Champions League and he was a bit part player in City’s squad. I don’t have to see him kick a ball here to know he’s bang average and not going to elevate us past 8th. It is especially disheartening knowing that he’s more than likely the replacement for the much superior Gueye.

Why would I say anything good last summer, either? What did it get us? 8th, again.

I want a successful Everton, I don’t view what we’re doing as success, or even on the path to success.
Doh
4230FC24-C1E9-44DE-8931-7ACFD187BD57.webp

£30m/£40m isn’t big money anymore. Leicester, West Ham, etc are in that market.

Delph hasn’t won the Champions League and he was a bit part player in City’s squad. I don’t have to see him kick a ball here to know he’s bang average and not going to elevate us past 8th. It is especially disheartening knowing that he’s more than likely the replacement for the much superior Gueye.

Why would I say anything good last summer, either? What did it get us? 8th, again.

I want a successful Everton, I don’t view what we’re doing as success, or even on the path to success.

Signing Barca and Brazil internationals and you could not find anything good to say at the time. I REST MY CASE

Push back against the slavish worship of Brands mate that sees people getting their faces chewed off for offering even the most gentle of criticism

Again, I think Brands has overall done well, but he's not got a spotless record either. There's a happy middle ground between acting like Brands is some kind of Demi-God and acting like he's crap at his job. Neither are true

I think you’re maybe taking it a bit too far mate.

People have put some funny stuff up about Brands being ace but nobody is seriously going overboard. Either direction.

Let’s just see how it all pans out.

Again, go back and read the thread mate. Regardless of what you thought at the time, the majority was very much in backing of the manager

On page 5 and haven’t seen much blind backing of the signing so far.

I think you’re maybe taking it a bit too far mate.

People have put some funny stuff up about Brands being ace but nobody is seriously going overboard. Either direction.

Let’s just see how it all pans out.

I disagree mate, the fact we're being told we're not even allowed to question Brands tells me it's gone too far

I personally think Brands is doing a good job, but putting people on a pedestal is only ever a bad idea in my opinion

I think The Brands fan club just turn it down from 11 to maybe a 9 or so and not be so quick to snap at anyone who has some criticism for Brands. That's all

Not a lot of people are doing that to be fair mate

I think a lot of Brands' biggest fans on here just can't handle him being criticised in any shape or form

There's very much an undercurrent on here at the moment that we're not allowed to question any of Brands' decisions. I agree that overall he's done a good job thus far, but he gets free passes a lot of the time that others wouldn't have gotten. There needs to be a bit of a push back I think. It'll be better for the overall health of the forum

Until he gets something wrong then I think he’s earned the support he gets. What would you consider he’s done that he’s been given ‘free passes’ for?

I disagree mate, the fact we're being told we're not even allowed to question Brands tells me it's gone too far

I personally think Brands is doing a good job, but putting people on a pedestal is only ever a bad idea in my opinion

I think The Brands fan club just turn it down from 11 to maybe a 9 or so and not be so quick to snap at anyone who has some criticism for Brands. That's all

Who told you that you can’t question him?!

I just think you maybe need to take things that are said on here a little less seriously.

I’ve said so much crap on here over the years none of it worth a single penny. Some I would have been serious about. Some I was definitely just having fun.

Brands is brands. He’s not Steve Walsh. That’ll do me.

There's you having a go at someone being critical FFS lol lol lol

Made me miss @d4kyxx - although the style does look very familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back