Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton first target is Santiago Arias for RB position

never in my life seen him play, but if they are spending 20 odd million on trippier to be first choice over him im going to assume he isn't very good

also people mentioning these players we need to shift

my opinion Is the most important player we need to shift is tosun, big money signing on arguably big wages sitting there, think if/when we sell him that's when we go all out for a striker

How do you think we get to be this super successful Everton then? And what time frames do you attack to it? We all have the same objective, we all want Everton to be successful but it's worth pondering those two questions.

It's not wholly unreasonable for me to say I want the best for us too. However I know that to overcome 5 sides who pay upwards of double what we do on wages, plus substantially more on transfers, from the base of where we were left under Allardyce/Koeman/Walsh in 1 or 2 seasons is extremely unlikely. Crucially I also know that failing to do that is not centrally the fault of Brands and Silva.

As for Delph, he played over half the games where they got over 100 points. Across the two seasons he's played nearly half the games. I'm not sure how many average players can do that. Generally speaking sides that get to 98-100+ points in a season don't contain many average players.

This has to be the way forward doesn’t it. Similar to what Spurs did under Pochettino, he identified what value there was in amongst the raft of signings the previous administration had made. So too Silva has reignited Pickford Keane Gueye and Siggurdson, saving a good chunk of that terrible window. He’s also quickly identified those players who didn’t have value and tried to move them on. We’ve had one very food window which ha helped turn the squad around and now we have to operate on a model of improving season on season and hoping the top 6 stutter. That’s all that Spurs did. Just kept progressing even when they had a few setbacks until one season they were good enough for top 4. There’s no reason we can’t do the same. The history of that top 6 shows thatnif we can get ourselves established into it we’ll have a chance at some point as the fortunes of them tend to wax and wane cyclically.

Moshiri who has done nothing but give us massive transfer fees in 5 out of the 6 windows he’s had with us, and Kenwright who has by all accounts minimal involvement in transfers any more since Brands arrived? Why would anyone be worried about them?

Because Moshiri has a horrible track record. Its been better since Brands has been there, but Moshiri was the quintessential read the back of the newspaper type owner who didn't have a master plan. Since he's left footballing decisions to Brands, we haven't seen as many mistakes like Koeman, Allardyce, Klaasen, Sandro etc.

How do you think we get to be this super successful Everton then? And what time frames do you attack to it? We all have the same objective, we all want Everton to be successful but it's worth pondering those two questions.

It's not wholly unreasonable for me to say I want the best for us too. However I know that to overcome 5 sides who pay upwards of double what we do on wages, plus substantially more on transfers, from the base of where we were left under Allardyce/Koeman/Walsh in 1 or 2 seasons is extremely unlikely. Crucially I also know that failing to do that is not centrally the fault of Brands and Silva.

As for Delph, he played over half the games where they got over 100 points. Across the two seasons he's played nearly half the games. I'm not sure how many average players can do that. Generally speaking sides that get to 98-100+ points in a season don't contain many average players.

Picking off a mix of potential top level younger players and solid experienced players from Man City & Barcelona (& looking at Juventus too).

What a terrible terrible policy. Dreadful.

Woeful.

We should be picking the best players from teams like Leicester and Newcastle.

Dripping with sarcasm.

Because Moshiri has a horrible track record. Its been better since Brands has been there, but Moshiri was the quintessential read the back of the newspaper type owner who didn't have a master plan. Since he's left footballing decisions to Brands, we haven't seen as many mistakes like Koeman, Allardyce, Klaasen, Sandro etc.

To be fair to Moshiri, it seems he knew very early on that he would need a football expert in place - the fact we tried to get Monchi and Brands before we brought in Steve Walsh would suggest that. Unfortunately for us, it's taken until 12 months ago before we got someone in to do that job who seemed to know what he was doing.

We're no different to any other premier league club mate. No one is buying at the moment. All clubs are in the same boat. They have big squads and need to shift a few players. I just don't get your point.

His point is always the same...to diss Everton at every opportunity.

Progress takes time it took Klopp 3 years to hit the straps they where notoriously inconsistent under Rodgers/dagliesh with crap transfers. City spent mega wonga and took 3-4 seasons to win with an unlimited budget. Fact is there is 6 teams legitimately better than us and the likes of Leicester, Wolves, Wham who are nipping on our heels and could potentially leap frog us.

Last season was a step and the right direction and if you can’t see that then I feel sorry for you
What direction are we heading in?

yesss, steve bruce in at newcastle, come on steve, need to act quick to get bolasie and mccarthy, there's massive interest in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back