Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He DEFINITELY wasn't moved from the left because he wasn't good enough. Come on now, that's just silly.

Walcott was also a MASSIVE problem. We were about the worst team in the league at ball retention and just giving the ball away all over the place. he was the worst and was producing nothing as a result. He had to go.

He wasn’t good enough on the left though. He ran into blind alleys all the time. His levels of effectiveness were as follows:

Right wing
Centre forward
Left wing

Sorry, but Richarlison is better in Silva's tactics cutting in from the left. But there's no way Walcott plays ahead of him on the right, Silva gave him WAY too much rope last year and he botched so badly he had to take him out. Richarlison played more on the right for Brazil because they played differently.

Regardless, the team would be better off tactically with a left footed right sided player so that Bernard / Richy can take the left side, or Richy can play more up top if need be. The major point being we STILL don't have a left footer attacker. That's not really ideal.
He wasn’t good enough on the left though. He ran into blind alleys all the time. His levels of effectiveness were as follows:

Right wing
Centre forward
Left wing

I think with the right personnel around him Richarlison can still be a boss ST.

Richarlison:
ST - 11p 4g 0a
LW - 11p 5g 1a
RW - 12p 3g 0a

DCL:
ST - 18p 3g 2a

I think we see Richarlison as a good RW due to how relatively good Richarlison is compared to Walcott. Richarlison also played ST during the teams worst time form wise of the season and shouldn’t shoulder all the blame for his performances in the position.

If we do get a ST like Kean though and a true left footed RW, Richarlison’s best position is at LW. To have a free flowing front line like Silva seems to favor it would require 2 signings and Bernard to be moved to the bench or tucked inside as a CM.

I can see it being done but I’m torn about lil Bernie not getting starts when he was showing so much improvement over the year.

I can only see Bernard playing CM if Siggy isn’t in there and so he’s lined up more towards the left side closest to Digne so they can push Richarlison forward and more towards the center.

Our best team performances were towards the end of the season with Richarlison wide right and Bernard on the left
The main reason was the fact that both full backs had decent support in front of them for a change, instead of just the left side. It opened more space up naturally as opposition players had much more to think about.

Getting 4/5 players the week before the season is far from ideal, I know Silva will use it as an excuse when we start crap, but he will have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back