Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing a player would act as a form of anti depressant on here if nothing else.

Folks are going crazy but the reality is that most deals will go to the last week/day like it or not, it's just the way modern transfers work unless a deal was pretty secured the season before.

Most of these posts are repeats of previous posts but reworded.

It's incredibly frustrating I get that but posting negative posts will not make a transfer happen any quicker.

If Bill was in sole charge then I might have a similar panic attack but I genuinely have faith in the new chiefs so chill and relax and go tell you're family/partner that you love them

....it’s Saturday 27th July, which means an afternoon drinking Guinness and watching the horse racing in the pub for me. Before that, here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- L’Equipe suggest Everton and PSG reached agreement on Thursday evening for the transfer of Idrissa Gueye, but not before the Toffees virtually wrapped up a deal for Jean-Philippe Gbamin from Mainz. The article claims the Gbamin talks are at an advanced stage. Gbamin himself has taken to social media to downplay recent comments made by Bernard Collignon, saying he is actually represented by Gregory Gelabert. Paris United suggest the Gueye deal is worth £29m and the 29 year old will undergo a medical in coming days.

- According to RMC, Everton have identified 4 players to replace PSG bound, Idrissa Gueye: Lucas Tousart from Lyon; Adrien Tameze of Nice; Mainz’s Jean-Philippe Gbamin; and Chelsea’s Tiemoue Bakayoko. Gbamin is priority, but the Toffees have sounded out Lyon over a £20m move for Tousart.

- TuttoSport reckon Juventus Director, Fabio Paratici, is in England to formalise Moise Kean’s Transfer to Everton. The Toffees have beaten off competition to seal a £35m deal for the 19 year old striker.

- Lots of outlets continue to link Everton with Crystal Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, The Mail suggesting the Toffees will include Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy as part of any deal.

- Football Insider report Everton have rejected a bid from Wigan Athletic for midfielder, Joe Williams. Wigan want the 22 year old on a permanent deal and are likely to return with an increased offer but they face competition from clubs at home and abroad.

- The Express say Everton and Manchester United are keen on Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina, but the 25 year old favours a move to Old Trafford.

- The Liverpool Echo report Borussia Dortmund are in talks to sign Barcelona winger, Malcom. The deal could cost €42m, and the article repeats that Everton held no interest in the Brazilian. Meanwhile, L’Equipe say Lille striker Rafael Leao is in talks with AC Milan over a €35m move, whilst Calciomercato say David Neres is interesting Spurs, who could pay £54m for the Brazilians signature.

- Football Insider suggest Everton will consider selling defender Mason Holgate if the right offer comes in.
Enjoy the Guinness pal. Well deserved

Really don't see us getting the 5 players silva wants in now.

There's too many players like besic, niasse, mirallas, Mccarthy and bolasie that we can't shift quick enough.

It's not ideal but centre forward, ganas replacement, and centre back I reckon are priority.

RW, and right back might have to wait.

Only variation on the above I can see is maybe getting Malcolm on loan on deadline day if he's not gone elsewhere.

As yet unidentified CB
Gbamin/Tousart
Kean

That's yer lot I reckon.
Can see most our outs being done on the last day and agree malcom will go down to the wire. CF and DM need to get sorted. Strange CB talk had died

...really agree about the CB situation, I keep highlighting how Zouma provided what Keane/Mina lack. Brands pulled Zouma out the hat very late in the transfer window, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has identified a similar type. The other point to note, Gbamin does appear to have played CB although i’d very much doubt he’d be brought in for that role.

As much as i think he has top potential, it makes the Mina signing look strange.

It would make more sense to me if we had:

Mina OR Keane + Gibson
Zouma type + Zouma type prospect

For me, Mina + Keane in the squad makes no sense at all. I think we would be better off selling one of them and going big on a top notch Zouma type player and a similar type prospect.

Otherwise surely we will be looking like burnley and banking on pace on the counter...

Rumours rumours rumours, lack of action and then on deadline day we sign 5 players and scramble them through at the very last minute.

Why does that happen? Just get the deals done. The summer is hard enough with no football to then have to deal with the frustration of refreshing this thread and my twitter feed every 5 minutes. I’m being threatened with divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back