• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Can you explain your workings please Kev

To be fair if we end up without an improvement on RW and going with only 2 proper centrebacks. THen it has been a poor window. We are currently weaker going into the season than we were when we finished in May.

If we get a right back and winger id be happy enough.

If its Zouma we want id be prepared to wait, equally with Doucoure.

Dont want to be signing players just for the sake of it.

I suspect a deal is done for Schneiderlin to leave, but he will stay if we dont get that extra midfielder, not the end of the world.

We've done what looks like some good business already, that has to be said.
By all accounts RB is done; for me CD (massive priority) and a winger would be a very very good window.

A centre half wouldn't be just for the sake of it though. We had to play 5 different players at centre half last year due to injuries or suspensions. Our current 3rd choice centre half has played about 10 senior games there, 4th choice has played none, 5th choice is probably our 1st choice midfielder playing out of position. If we don't get a centre half in I think it's a massive problem. Would be so stupid to bring in a right back for competition and then not have any competition at all at centre half.

But its not an either / or situation.

Yes a CB should 100% be the priority but we do need cover at RB too

If we get a right back and winger id be happy enough.

If its Zouma we want id be prepared to wait, equally with Doucoure.

Dont want to be signing players just for the sake of it.

I suspect a deal is done for Schneiderlin to leave, but he will stay if we dont get that extra midfielder, not the end of the world.

We've done what looks like some good business already, that has to be said.

re: Winger - Kean is just as likely to play from a wide position as he is through the middle. I think there's been a massive assumption around these parts that a lad who's never played in the country is going to immediately hit the ground running as our striker and replace DCL who was tactically the most important player for Everton at the tail end of last season.

He'll be allowed time to bed in. We're in a position for the first time in the past 20 years at least where we have the luxury of building a squad and creating competition for places. Historically we had to play these big signings because they were the only option. We can't progress without taking this step...

But its not an either / or situation.

Yes a CB should 100% be the priority but we do need cover at RB too
I'm not saying it is an either/or. I was just replying to somebody who was suggesting it was more important to get a right back than a centre half by saying I disagree. I think we could do with both, but if I had to prioritise, it wouldn't even be close.

I'm not saying it is an either/or. I was just replying to somebody who was suggesting it was more important to get a right back than a centre half by saying I disagree. I think we could do with both, but if I had to prioritise, it wouldn't even be close.

Agreed. Would rather have Holgate as the backup RB than backup CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back