Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This genuinely isn't a wind up post by the way and I'm not trying to cause bother, but does anyone think that if all these transfers we're being linked with go through that we run the risk of living beyond our means?

Yes, I know most of you will say "It's not your money, just enjoy us signing players" but I wonder how many Rangers supporters were saying that when they were splurging on the likes of Torre Andre Flo?

Do we really have the funds to sign Zaha, Iwobi and another defender?

Reassure me here people

Good point that Mikey, the figures released later this year will show a wages to turnover ratio in the region of 80 - 85%

It's not sustainable without success on the pitch.

This genuinely isn't a wind up post by the way and I'm not trying to cause bother, but does anyone think that if all these transfers we're being linked with go through that we run the risk of living beyond our means?

Yes, I know most of you will say "It's not your money, just enjoy us signing players" but I wonder how many Rangers supporters were saying that when they were splurging on the likes of Torre Andre Flo?

Reassure me here people

Transfer fees weren't what killed Rangers. That was paying the players in a way that basically amounted to cash under the table. Then the taxman came knocking.

Reassure me here people

We can kick about the shallows forever or we can dive in the deep end. Let’s get wet..

Reassure me here people

Three words;

Moshiri
Usmanov
Billionaires

That do ya?

Reassure me here people
It baffles me too and it does worry me but I’d trust the fellas we have in charge to get things right. If clubs like Palace can demand 100 mil for Zaha and Bournemouth can demand 75 mil for Ake then you know just the magnitude of money that’s in this league, even at the bang average clubs.

I’d also be massively surprised if Usmanov’s billions aren’t involved with this.

Reassure me here people
Ask TheEsk

Reassure me here people

I have posted a few times over the last 1-2 days saying the same.

If we have cash reserves to fulfill down payments on these transfers, and are committing to the rest, it means something significant has happened in our favour (which can in reality only mean Usmanov is channeling funds) although we undoubtedly fail FFP. As usual, the media are way behind but I thought someone would have picked up on it, and at least out the question out there. We have negligible commercial income and no obvious means to finance this.

If we are living (way) beyond our means, especially with BMD on the horizon, then that will bring its own consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back