Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching a video yesterday that someone had posted, supposedly showcasing his talents

I realised after about 30 seconds that most of these clips were him making recovery tackles from his own mistakes

I'm hugely unconvinced he's ready for this level, but if Brands think he is...

....I think those powers of recovery are very useful, though. When i think of Keane and Mina, I feel that any forward getting goal side of them is in on goal. It’s my opinion that Keane looked so much better last season because Zouma was alongside.

Not ideal. But I like Tomori and, physically, is very similar to Zouma.

But with Mina's injuries Zouma ended up first choice last season. Tomori will be at best 3rd choice and we also have Gbamin who can play there, presumably to a high standard given Klopp was looking at him as a CB a couple of windows ago.

Zouma wasn't brilliant to start off last season and improved. Maybe Tomori can do the same. He's certainly very highly thought of.
Cant see them letting Tomori go if Luiz wants out

No he’s Turkish as he declared himself as such.

Same as Moise Kean chose Italy.

And McCarthy is Irish.

It isn’t difficult.
No he's German he just happens to play for Turkey.
McCarthy is Scottish and chose to play for Ireland
Moise Kean IS Italian

Just for clarity your nationality is established based on where you were born, you may choose to identify as being of a different nationality based on parental nationality(qualifies you to play for another country, what McCarthy & Tosun did) or by naturlization i.e. living in another country long enough to obtain citizenship (5 years for footballing laws).

....I think those powers of recovery are very useful, though. When i think of Keane and Mina, I feel that any forward getting goal side of them is in on goal. It’s my opinion that Keane looked so much better last season because Zouma was alongside.

I agree, but Zouma (on the strength of a video) is light years ahead as far as his positioning etc goes. At this level, when a slight mistake lets in a Salah or an Aubeyang or an Aguero, your recovery speed needs to be Usain Bolt-esque to have any chance of getting back.

I totally agree that whoever comes in needs to be a different type of player to Mina and Keane though, we need someone with pace there - Zouma was perfect. Needs to be someone in that profile.

point i was making earlier is that yes, while he's nationalistically italian, it doesn't mean his family and upbringing didn't have any ivorian influence whatsoever. language and culture are things that could make him feel literally at home

gbamin and kean prob share some similar culture. throw a potential zaha into the mix, and maybe they hit it off well

as i said, i'm american - born and raised. but my blood and culture is still chinese, and if you were to think that i wouldn't feel any sense of closeness immediately from a fellow chinese person, you'd be wrong

Weird - my ex only had affinity to Cantonese... actually full on disliked ‘mainlanders’ and had no affinity to the Taiwanese or any other Han Chinese. Maybe abc’s are different

point i was making earlier is that yes, while he's nationalistically italian, it doesn't mean his family and upbringing didn't have any ivorian influence whatsoever. language and culture are things that could make him feel literally at home

gbamin and kean prob share some similar culture. throw a potential zaha into the mix, and maybe they hit it off well

as i said, i'm american - born and raised. but my blood and culture is still chinese, and if you were to think that i wouldn't feel any sense of closeness immediately from a fellow chinese person, you'd be wrong
Yeah that's all fair comment mate. And I'm sure he would feel an affinity to the Ivorian lads (if Zaha joins) in much the same way that Rom and Bolasie had a close affinity due o their heritage.

But that's not an excuse to say the lad is Ivorian with Italian papers.

Keane was by farandaway the best central defender last year. I think too many people still hold a prejudice against him for how he started off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back