Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have the quality in depth to do that though. That's why we falter every time we have made it into Europe during the PL era.

Other teams above are stacked with quality throughout the starting XI and then at least 5 players.

Going from the likes of Zouma to Rojo isn't going to close the PL gap or allow us to compete to win cups while finishing in a respectful league position.

Winning that Cup would lay down a marker

We can do it, we honestly can

We always knew how hard it was going to be to get a deal done, we all knew what a huge asking fee they had.

Im very happy we’ve aimed high and tried to bring him in but we needed to have several other quality options to pull the trigger on in the likely scenario this happened.

Exactly.

This is the problem here. And ultimately it's on Brands.

There are none as again we haven't even kicked a ball yet.

I’ve never seen Everton win a trophy, seen one final in my whole life.

I’m fuming, I’ve had nothing but emotional blackmail from this club, year on year we’re close to something good, and bombshell happens, back to square one.

Can honestly see one of Bolasie and Mirallas ending up staying if we don't get a winger in. Terrifying.
Schneiderlin, Holgate and one of Bolasie/Mirallas very possibly staying....at least until January.

That would be the goal if today ends as it appears it will. Start solid and stay with in reach of the top 6. Add a bit of quality in January and make a push. Also, really hope nobody gets hurt. The starting XI looks good.

Pickford
Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne
Gomes, Gbamin
Richy, Siggy, Bernie
Kean

Then bench looks a bit meh
DCL, Delph, Schneids, Walcott, Holgate, Sidibe, Lossl

If any of the bench has to fill in long term due to injury things get a bit dicey....

Still, the likes of Alcaraz, Kone, McGeady and such are no where in sight, so there is that.

He has played right across the front line.

If attacking wise we are worried about the level of Bernard and if Kean can play in a front 3, then we have a come a fair way from just the Big Sam days.
We've come a fair way and still have oh so far to go.

This would seem to show you're right he can play on the left but if you dig a bit you'll find this one

Which shows what I said that he hasn't played anything but striker since he was playing u17. Anyway I'm done with this. 50 minutes to get a winger in.

Yep. The only thing you can guarantee with football transfers is that you can't guarantee anything. And that's why you need a Plan B, C, D... Unless of course we are to believe there are no other right wingers or centre backs as good as Zaha or Zouma out there? I seriously doubt it.

It's reckless from the club, mate. Very.

I'm not happy with them over this. Not that it'll ultimately matter.

But ffs, a big, big chance to push on here. And we've not offered enough (why we went to £70m and then wouldn't got to £80m is weird) and we haven't had a back up.

No because our centre halves fill me with dread
Oh not to worry we will have Rojo
So Keane, who was great for the majority of last season, suddenly fills you with dread? and somehow most on here have already concluded that Yerry Mina is crap as well.. despite actually looking capable at defending whenever he's played!

Everyone just needs to chill.

Tell us what they could have done if Palace, Watford, Arsenal have refused our offers for decent players. I hate your type of Man City, Chelsea fan want it now attitude. BaaaHaaa throw the dummy out.

Fair comment, i guess it has only been the 25 years since we last won a trophy. Rome wasn’t built in a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back