Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have done better in the window considering the money we had. Hope Mina and keane can make a good partnership.

Good bits
Gomes
Kean
Competition for coleman

Bad bits
Gueye leaving
Not signing a quality CB
Still got walcott
No competition for bernard
Still relying on two young lads in Calvin and kean

7/10

I have no doubt that we tried, but given that we knew deals for our top targets, in Zaha and Zouma, would be very difficult it’s disappointing that we look to have left it too late to bring in our backup options.
Zaha was still on considering it forced him into putting a transfer request in. We put in good offers but it was obvious Palace were not shifting and have got what they want. CB is difficult because we thought we still had a chance with Zouma for around £30m but it never materialised and now all CBs are being priced at silly prices because of Maguire

I think part of the bed wetting/fume is down to the belief that Brands was in complete control. Today makes it obvious that is not the case.

Losing out on the Chelsea center halves and Zaha is completely understandable. Stuff happens (Luiz) and you can't force people to do what you want (Palace).

Still the lack of an actionable plan B (or the time to put a plan B into action) for significant areas of need has let some of the air out of the Brands balloon for more than a few.

Understandable.

It has been a good window, but not getting a winger and CB is ridiculous. If we are praising Brands for being the genius behind getting Kean, then we can question him on the lack of CB/Winger which could ultimately cost us top 6.

Good god man go and jump in the river and cool down.

We've signed Gomes on a permanent. Brought in one of the best young attackers in European football. Added quality depth to our midfield and potentially brought in a quality player (if he can prove his fitness) to challenge Seamus at right back..

I'm disappointed we seem to have missed out on replacing Zouma in the squad but Gbamin can cover there and Mina and Keane first choice is not a downgrade on last year. I'm disappointed that we lost Geuye but we have Delph and Gbamin that offer different qualities.

I think we have a better all round squad than last year and a better starting XI as we've sorted the striker situation out. I think that we can break the top 6 but it will be a struggle and we'll need to be lucky with injuries to key players, especially up top. If we come 7th and get closer to the teams above with a points total in the mid 60s, then that's a success yes. If you look at where we were under Allardyce just over 12 months ago then we've made fantastic strides forward. When you consider that this summers business has probably broken even, we have money to spend in the next window if the right player is available.

I don't give a toss about the bids we've made. It shows we've been aggressive in the market and no way are we a laughing stock. The one thing I'm not happy with is that we don't appear to have had a proper back up plan, but the window is still open so fingers crossed we can still bring in a decent wide man before it shuts.

I was hoping this window was going to be a 9/10 this morning, but for me it is still a solid 7/10, especially when you consider we have broken even cash wise.
Can't believe it's just a year since Allardyce. Still not got over that "song for Allardyce"-thread

Absolute bunch of cry baby morons on here tonight. We didnt sign zaha for 80million pounds, a player only 26% of the forum wanted yet everyone is cry arsing around and writing the season off.

Nobody on here has any idea how gbamin, kean, sidibe will perform, let's give em a chance and at least let them kick a ball in a competitive game for us before saying they're not good enough.
Did you read your post before you pressed 'Post reply'?

We don't have that luxury because if Richarlison has a great season, and\or if Keane takes the Premier League by storm it won't be long before we have huge bids coming in for them.

We have to build fast otherwise we won't be able to convince our best players to stay and fend off advances from CL clubs.

If we just grow steadily all the time we'll just end up becoming an exciting feeder club as the elite clubs pick off our best players every 2-3 years.

Bad idea.
This isn’t true, proving you can make progress each year. Spurs, despite having built a great team, still haven’t won anything in years. Their players aren’t pushing to move because they can see the team is moving in the right direction - that’s the model we should be emulating.

We could have done better in the window considering the money we had. Hope Mina and keane can make a good partnership.

Good bits
Gomes
Kean
Competition for coleman

Bad bits
Gueye leaving
Not signing a quality CB
Still got walcott
No competition for bernard
Still relying on two young lads in Calvin and kean

7/10

We will be in serious trouble if one of our CB is injured. Holgate 3rd choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back