Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log off you bore.

giphy.gif

Especially a 21 year old still playing in League One.

James Justin - named in the EFL team of the season from League 1 plus he's had England u20 call-ups etc.

He'll probs end up at a Leeds or a Stoke who'll pay the £6m or so. Then in a year or two's time he'll be a £20m+ and maybe we'll try him then!

In

CF - Haller £35 million
LW - Neres £40 million

CM - Soumare £25 million
CM - Gomes £25 million

CB - Zouma £20 million

GK - Heaton/Pope (backup) £10 million

Out:

Jags
Williams
Bolasie £5 million
McCarthy (loan with view of perm move)
Besic £5 million
Gana £30 million
Tosun £12 million
Lookman £20 million
Vlasic £12 million
Niasse £5 million
Sandro £2 million
Mirallas (further loan until gone)
Martina: 500k
Dowell £6 million
Pennington £2 million

Pickford

Coleman Keane Zouma Digne

Soumare Gomes

Richarlison Siggurdsson Neres

Haller
SELL list looks about right bar Lookman and Vlasic (who I'd normally loan, but see below) and Gana who I'd keep. Dowell would be a shame, I don't think he's had opportunity, yet. DCL progressing but needs goals. Prices a tad optimistic but who knows...

IN: Gomes and the keepers, tick. The others, Meh. I wanna see Marco work with his squad. The talent is there barring a goal machine. Spurs have shown what can be done when players play together over time. We have no Euro football and with our cup record we're not looking at zillions of games. Top 6 is a done deal for the Sky 6, and so since I don't see us catching any of them next year let's save the cash, grow what we have, and trim.

I think we're an excellent shout for 7th, so with the demands on the squad in 20/21 being larger, this is the year to grow a core of players that can cope with that, whom we can add to next season when bringin in talent will be easier with Europa on offer. That means game time this season for Lookman, Dowell, DCL, Kenny, Bangeminforme, and Davies etc. That actually makes it quite an exciting season ahead for me.

[wakes up].

James Justin - named in the EFL team of the season from League 1 plus he's had England u20 call-ups etc.

He'll probs end up at a Leeds or a Stoke who'll pay the £6m or so. Then in a year or two's time he'll be a £20m+ and maybe we'll try him then!

I look forward to your a told you so post in a few years, till then, from somebody whos never watched him, hes just a young lad who had a good season in the 3rd tier of footy.

I don't think Gomes or Vlasic have the defensive acumen in any position.

However, in Silva's ideal 4-3-3, he's either got a true 6 with a box to box type, or twin CM/DMs. The third mid isn't really a 10, they aren't quite that high - Siggy has looked good in the role with Morgan sitting & Gana flying around winning balls, pushing it forward. Gomes would be with Gana as part of the first 4-3-3, but I personally HATE him in that role as he's terrible defensively both sitting or winning balls. So acquiring a Doucoure-type and pairing them with Gana as part of those twin CM/DMs is essential. In that scenario, Gomes could play the same role as Gylfi - deeper sitting playmaker, but with VERY different effects. I wonder if he had a bit more freedom whether or not he would create more. Maybe.

I don’t see 4-3-3 being a default myself rather an option.

I think we all take formations a bit literal at times.

Last edited:

Hate to make this comparison and it's not direct given how he reacted as well but I thought the club, Roberto Martinez, Koeman, AND ROSS himself all rushed Ross Barkley's development. We fancied him a 10 when we didn't have one, he saw himself more of a 8 or 6 but wasn't quite there yet (and certainly at that time n not as good as then-James McCarthy and Gareth Barry or Schneiderlin in spring 2017). He's clearly now more of a box to box midfielder and not a playmaker. Obviously he had a poor attitude and thought himself better and bigger than the club.

I don't see that same attitude problem with Davies and agree with your point on not rushing him through or expecting him to be something he's not.

Good post mate, I agree whole heartedly. I think Martinez ruined Barkley myself every week being told and called world class, he was given a free role with zero defensive responsibility and sauntered around, but ultimately neglected his own development, when he left he was less well rounded a player then he should have been. Worse still was his attitude, a manager came in and didn’t wrap him in cotton wool and he threw his toys out of the pram.

Sad because he could have been really world class had he had the desire, sense and attitude his talent deserved.

He will end up at Whu and jobbing for bottom feeding or promoted clubs after that I have zero doubts about that.

I don't think Gomes or Vlasic have the defensive acumen in any position.

However, in Silva's ideal 4-3-3, he's either got a true 6 with a box to box type, or twin CM/DMs. The third mid isn't really a 10, they aren't quite that high - Siggy has looked good in the role with Morgan sitting & Gana flying around winning balls, pushing it forward. Gomes would be with Gana as part of the first 4-3-3, but I personally HATE him in that role as he's terrible defensively both sitting or winning balls. So acquiring a Doucoure-type and pairing them with Gana as part of those twin CM/DMs is essential. In that scenario, Gomes could play the same role as Gylfi - deeper sitting playmaker, but with VERY different effects. I wonder if he had a bit more freedom whether or not he would create more. Maybe.

What's a true no. 6 and what is a no.8? I have an idea but I am wondering what you think = not criticising or not ignorant lol just asking how you see it

Good post mate, I agree whole heartedly. I think Martinez ruined Barkley myself every week being told and called world class, he was given a free role with zero defensive responsibility and sauntered around, but ultimately neglected his own development, when he left he was less well rounded a player then he should have been. Worse still was his attitude, a manager came in and didn’t wrap him in cotton wool and he threw his toys out of the pram.

Sad because he could have been really world class had he had the desire, sense and attitude his talent deserved.

He will end up at Whu and jobbing for bottom feeding or promoted clubs after that I have zero doubts about that.

I agree with both posts! It looked like he may have needed proper tough coaching and direction which he didn't get. I really wish or hope, and it probably wouldn't work anyway, that young players were given that foresight that in some cases they need longer, and they should stick around. There's no formula. Some 20-22 year olds play and mature faster, and some take till 25 or even later. I just wish we could keep some younger players around longer before they lose patience and leav.e I don't think even now either Barkley, Lukaku or Stones are ripping it up in their new top 6 clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back