Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unreal mate, every player he can give you a breakdown,he knows all the tactics and now he's started on finances, really quite something the amount of football the guy must watch.
To be clear, I used to do corporate finance and audit / accounting for a living. I can read a financial statement. I also admit freely when I know little about the player. You all probably know more about English soccer than I do, honestly.

Free...but according to the article everyone is believing wants more than the £100k he’s currently on a week.

That’s quite an expensive free.
Bingo. The fees aren't going to get us in trouble. We need to lower wages. I don't see any chance we sign Welbeck on a free.

That doesn’t make it right though. And I think it’s about the same.

These conversations always seem to boil down to the choice of signing the supposed target in question or nobody at all.

I'd much rather Brands did his magic and unearthed a young, raw talent for a small fee and small wages as third choice (assuming we sign a bigger name) than a free crock on massive wages.

you think we can afford to buy 2 top strikers? who else is available on a free. I have no idea.

We don’t necessarily need another 2 strikers. Even if we sold niasse, tosun and others (lookman, Walcott, Henry and others are possibilities) then one top class striker along with DCL and Richarlison who can also play there would be enough. Maybe buy a young striker with potential or another winger etc.

The point is there are plenty of options and a deal for welbeck has more going against it than for. The only positive I can see is that he’s free but that normally means high signing on fee and higher wages.

These conversations always seem to boil down to the choice of signing the supposed target in question or nobody at all.

I'd much rather Brands did his magic and unearthed a young, raw talent for a small fee and small wages as third choice (assuming we sign a bigger name) than a free crock on massive wages.

Exactly. I can’t really be doing with people advocating spending mad wages someone like Welbeck because he’s better than what we’ve got...which he might not be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back