Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t rate a single player on the planet Ij.

This is a little bit true yes. But....

My kinda player:
Takes on a player, beats him, goes back to try and beat him again, gets tackled.
One good cross per game. Striker usually not there.
More stepovers per game than completed passes.
Work rate nearly non existent.
Never ever wears black boots.
Wears gloves in May.
Might have a neck tattoo. Not compulsory.
Has scored with a rabona and it has over a million views on YouTube.

FIND HIM MARCEL

I’m still waiting for this god to be found. I mean I know I’m describing Quaresma there but there must be a younger version of him out there. @CRIMHEAD is there? Please?

So...

Cengiz Under Roma's phenom ,£24.8mil bid rejected (hes been rated at double that by the italian press in the past)...left footed right winger so seems legit and fits the signing profile.

Adrien Rabiot linked on a free from PSG

Dowell linked again with Sheffield Utd

Gana linked again to PSG after they were put off Allan by Napolis €80mil asking price

Baines apparently of no interest to Rangers

Tosun linked to Besiktas again

So...

Cengiz Under Roma's phenom ,£24.8mil bid rejected (hes been rated at double that by the italian press in the past)...left footed right winger so seems legit and fits the signing profile.

Adrien Rabiot linked on a free from PSG

Dowell linked again with Sheffield Utd

Gana linked again to PSG after they were put off Allan by Napolis €80mil asking price

Baines apparently of no interest to Rangers

Tosun linked to Besiktas again

Sorry but as if we’ll be anywhere near Under or Rabiot.

Exactly.

Im really not sure whats hard to comprehend here.

United have offered him a £170k weekly salary + £5mil upfront signing bonus.

If Everton offer him £120k a week salary + £20mil staggered over 5 years its a superior offer and keeps the wages lower.

For the first 4 years our offer would be £5mil superior.

You could literally keep the player for 4 years and sell at £45mil and in profit.

Great deal for both the player and the club.

Whether the exact numbers are correct or not is open for question, but the principle could stand. What we can take from this is that we are a little more flexible in our transfer approach and are really looking to utilise the free transfer market.

The links to the likes of Wellback, this lad, I've seen Brahini surfacing and even Fraser (who though not out of contract only has 12 months to go so will be available at a reduced price). It looks targeted from Brands.

There are obviously difficulties in such an approach. People have rightly pointed out that does it set a precedent with exiting squad members? Potentially. Brands will have to trust his own ability to manage the squad to utilise this.

Maybe Moshiri or other owners may not like it in principle, perhaps Brands have convinced them this is the best way forward to attract certain players for a package that makes sense.

Everything I see from Brands is that he does not get fixated with a player. Had he been so there's every chance Lozano would already be here. I can't see him being fixated on a player like we did with (for example ) Sigurdsson. He will have a player in mind, a figure he will be willing to commit too (wages + transfer fee per year). If it can be done at that price it will be, if it can't he will move on.

As for Rabiot, the likely story is we are being used as a trojan horse by agents to pressure Manchester United. However you never know. 12 months ago I'd have said the same with Bernard, Chelsea and Everton. There was no chance we could get him.

To me Rabiot is a player who could easily be worth £40 million pounds and around say £120k p/a. Across a 4 year deal he's going to cost you £60 million or £15 million a season. If we can put a package together that suits him for a fair bit below that, then great.

As for Rabiot, a big sign on fee at the front of his career may work. He may look at Digne and Zouma who he shares a dressing room with at a national level and conclude that even a year at Everton with the improvement that could come could make him an elite player (if he has a comparable level of improvement). He may feel at 24 he needs 1-2 years before that happens. On a wages front he gets a lot of his package up front, so it will be the best offer for him over a 2 year period (if the principles of the above stand up).

It's possible anyway. Brands has spoken of taking outcasts. If I was him I'd avoid United like the plague at present. If Liverpool come in for him, then thats a great club to join, but if they don't then why not?

Any truth in that Roma Turk fellow?

I don’t think we’ve ever seen him play. Any good?
You never know. Jim Palotta, their American owner, came out and said a bunch of stuff recently that indicated they may be making some changes. New stadium is finally happening, new manager on the way - some discussion of Fonseca actually, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back