Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with moving our extras on isnt transfer fees but wages, probably the reason Galloway left on a free so the 'fee' can be used to cover his.

The problem with moving our extras on isnt transfer fees but wages, probably the reason Galloway left on a free so the 'fee' can be used to cover his.

Transfer fees is definitely a problem, imagine you're a club and call to enquire about Bolasie, I know that in itself is a fanciful idea, but then imagine Everton tell you that he's going to cost x amount.

I imagine a good number of DoF's have drowned in floods of tears at that news, which makes negotiations difficult.

Transfer fees is definitely a problem, imagine you're a club and call to enquire about Bolasie, I know that in itself is a fanciful idea, but then imagine Everton tell you that he's going to cost x amount.

I imagine a good number of DoF's have drowned in floods of tears at that news, which makes negotiations difficult.
I believe the club would accept an offer around £5 mil for Bolasie/McCarthy/Sandro.. etc just to get rid of them. The problem is the teams they would play for couldn't afford anywhere near thier current wages.

Reactions: gmb

I believe the club would accept an offer around £5 mil for Bolasie/McCarthy/Sandro.. etc just to get rid of them. The problem is the teams they would play for couldn't afford anywhere near thier current wages.

I wonder if we could arrange for all of the assets we can't get rid of to be on the same flight that gets taken out by Russian forces claiming to be Ukrainian on our way to a pretend friendly and then claim on insurance?

Not sure if that would seem suspicious but I guess it's no more ridiculous than those players having careers as footballers.

Marco Silva is “hopeful” of signing Kurt Zouma on a permanent deal and says the defender could be one of five more additions to the Everton squad.

The Blues kicked-off their summer business by bringing in goalkeeper Jonas Lossl on a free transfer before Andre Gomes joined in a £22m move from Barcelona.

Zouma is the next prime target and Silva has made no secret of his desire to land the France international. But the Everton manager has once again stressed that the club have lined up alternatives to 24-year-old Zouma.

“I am hopeful,” Silva told the ECHO.

“I think I am hopeful like all of our fans are but I have to tell you that we have different solutions because we cannot just have one solution. I have different solutions in my mind but I am hopeful and if we can give our fans this fantastic feeling it will be key. But, if not, we have to go in a different way but it is part of the market, part of creating a squad.

“After that position we have three or four more to strengthen.”

Silva said turning the loan moves of Zouma and Gomes into permanent switches was vital to his plans for the next season.

Everton are now working hard to bring the Chelsea defender back to Goodison after sealing Gomes' return last month.

“Fantastic, fantastic news for us, I have no doubts about that,” Silva said of Gomes' capture.

“Not just because we sign a fantastic football player but also a fantastic professional, a fantastic lad who really enjoyed last season with us.

"Our fans, they love him, and it is really important we sign players that make our fans really happy because, at the end, this relationship will make a big difference, this connection with the players.

“It was my aim when I finished the season to keep the level and until now we have signed Andre and you know what is in my mind also, and it will be really important if we achieve that and after we have the three or four positions to strengthen our squad also.”

I think by the time the season starts we will be in a much healthier position, with a much stronger squad carrying far less deadwood than last season. I also strongly believe that we will carry on the good form we showed for the last 10 games or so last season.

I have absolutely no basis for my optimism but then there is equally no basis for all the relentless grimness and self flagellation. I like a whinge as much as the next long term Evertonian, but some of you guys are genuinely displaying signs of illness. The weather is lovely, the ale is cold and there are some pretty damn hot young fillies showing their undergarments at Wimbledon and at the Netball World Cup. Enjoy yourself chaps, we will have plenty of time to self harm if your doomsday predictions come to fruition :)

I worry for you if you think the giant stick insects at the Netball World Cup are 'hot young fillies', and the best looking at Wimbledon are in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back