Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I said..?
I was merely pointing out that for someone who places so much analysis on stats you were factually incorrect re Huddersfield
Just dont like to see mistruths .
Have a good day now.
It's not a mistruth. I said we conceded 13 goals in the 5 games he didn't play and two were against Huddersfield. Nothing there is untrue. You commented that we only conceded one goal in the two Huddersfield games which is also true.

Now my point was to say not that we conceded a bunch against Huddersfield but to point out that we had two games against them in the 5 and still conceded over 2 goals a game because of how poor we were without Gueye. I thought it would be more misleading to cut those two games out, which wouldn't have been unreasonable because Huddersfield were barely a PL side, but I left them in since it felt like cherry picking. There was no mistruth in my post.

EDIT: I figured out the miscommunication. I meant two of the games he missed were against Huddersfield not two of the goals conceded. Sorry I reread and if was unclear. He missed 5 games: Huddersfield home and away, Wolves, Spurs and City. Those two games are what I was talking about. Apologies.

Meet their asking price of £60 million
Sell Lookman for £25million
Sell Onyekuru for £20 million
Couple of other dead wood sales or £5 million from a United Lukaku sale and we’re still in negative net spend excluding Gomes
The negative net spend argument only works if you don’t exclude the money you’ve spent lol

It's not a mistruth. I said we conceded 13 goals in the 5 games he didn't play and two were against Huddersfield. Nothing there is untrue. You commented that we only conceded one goal in the two Huddersfield games which is also true.

Now my point was to say not that we conceded a bunch against Huddersfield but to point out that we had two games against them in the 5 and still conceded over 2 goals a game because of how poor we were without Gueye. I thought it would be more misleading to cut those two games out, which wouldn't have been unreasonable because Huddersfield were barely a PL side, but I left them in since it felt like cherry picking. There was no mistruth in my post.

EDIT: I figured out the miscommunication. I meant two of the games he missed were against Huddersfield not two of the goals conceded. Sorry I reread and if was unclear. He missed 5 games: Huddersfield home and away, Wolves, Spurs and City. Those two games are what I was talking about. Apologies.
Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back