Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with that. Van Dijk, Laporte, Vertonghen and Alderweireld all compare favorably to any in recent years. Even Rudiger, Sanchez and Zouma are all pretty decent. I think the idea that defenders aren't good anymore is overblown.

Anyway on transfers I'd definitely be shopping abroad for CBs if the going price for Englishmen is 25m for championship defenders.
Disagree with the first part, but definitely on board with the second.

Disagree with that. Van Dijk, Laporte, Vertonghen and Alderweireld all compare favorably to any in recent years. Even Rudiger, Sanchez and Zouma are all pretty decent. I think the idea that defenders aren't good anymore is overblown.

Anyway on transfers I'd definitely be shopping abroad for CBs if the going price for Englishmen is 25m for championship defenders.

No mate, they are decent players, but none of them are top, top tier.

Thiago Silva, Chiellini and Godin are the last of the World Class CBs, maybe the boy De Ligt might grow to that level, but on the main CBs are utterly horrific.

i said in another thread that Barca were hawking Umtiti to PSG in the Neymar deal.
If they are willing to let him go would he be of interest to Brands.
I know united were rumoured to be interested but with maguire seemingly on his way to them ,Umtiti is available again.
I would also take semedo on loan with an option to buy at an agreed price.
Brands has history with Barca and fringe players after all

Weird one this, watched some footage of him playing in China and Turkey and he looks like a classic number 9, good in the air, quite powerful, gets fouled a lot, half his goals are pens and free kicks, not very fast though, doesn't seem like a player Silva would want. I can only imagine he is to replace Tosun and be third choice behind DCL and Kean

If we can't get Zouma I would love for us to look into or take a shot at getting Tah

He's good on Fifa, less so in real life, Tah is short on pace, but a unit. I think we need someone who is fast and can play with Mina or Keane, that's why Zouma worked well with Keane because he has the pace to get across to cover for Keane when required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back