Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
point i was making earlier is that yes, while he's nationalistically italian, it doesn't mean his family and upbringing didn't have any ivorian influence whatsoever. language and culture are things that could make him feel literally at home

gbamin and kean prob share some similar culture. throw a potential zaha into the mix, and maybe they hit it off well

as i said, i'm american - born and raised. but my blood and culture is still chinese, and if you were to think that i wouldn't feel any sense of closeness immediately from a fellow chinese person, you'd be wrong
Spot on , some on here think that a piece of paper or choosing which national team to represent automatically makes you 100% that nationality , while forgetting about roots , heritage and culture .

So signing Zaha will make it 3 Ivorians in our squad .

I mean I'm only going off the stuff I've seen on Twitter, mainly from Monaco/French footy fans, and I've not seen any particularly glowing reviews like..

Even saw a stat earlier saying he'd turned over possession more than 400 times in Liege 1 last year - well more than any other defender. Pretty insane how bad that looks on paper.
Ah, Twitter the bible for the 21st century football fan. Never gets anything wrong, does it.
Mind you, if your stat on "turn over" (not quite sure what a rugby league term is doing in this forum) is correct then that's more than 12 times per match - which would be a concern.

If we were to sign Zaha, Iwobi and a loan CB while also clearing the rest of the deadwood it seems to me like we would be looking at a net spend of ~80-85m and a wage increase of about 2m/year.

It's not impossible.

Zaha - contract signed last summer and in goes a transfer request less than 12 months later - nobody will care on here but I hope everton know what they are taking on if they get him.

the only thing a modern contract is for is to tell the player how much he earns and to ensure a sell on fee.

Spot on , some on here think that a piece of paper or choosing which national team to represent automatically makes you 100% that nationality , while forgetting about roots , heritage and culture .

So signing Zaha will make it 3 Ivorians in our squad .
Still nope. If you'd said that Kean was "Italian with Ivorian heritage" that'd be perfectly fine, but you can't say he's "Ivorian with Italian papers" unless you've got some evidence that he sees himself as an Ivorian national.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back