Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could of seriously challenged United, chelsea and arsenal with the correct window in the league that was realistic it's not now, opportunity missed again.

Kean has stated he's fit and ready so at least the bench that's minimum.
I still think we can. Arsenal is out of our hands. If their defense gels we have no shot and nothing we could have done this year gave us a shot. Chelsea and United we can still be better than if we come together as a team better than them. We have at least a competitive squad.

But even with that there's no point in building a squad to compete for fourth for one season. Even if we miss the chance this year the better thing to do is put together a team that can mature into something better together like Spurs, Ajax and Monaco have all done recently.

And I agree Kean should come off the bench tomorrow. Which still means DCL gets 60 minutes to prove himself. I think that probably doesn't change next week either. The earliest I see Kean starting is Villa. I'd like to be wrong but I don't see Marco risking it with fitness when we want to press.

I still think we can. Arsenal is out of our hands. If their defense gels we have no shot and nothing we could have done this year gave us a shot. Chelsea and United we can still be better than if we come together as a team better than them. We have at least a competitive squad.

But even with that there's no point in building a squad to compete for fourth for one season. Even if we miss the chance this year the better thing to do is put together a team that can mature into something better together like Spurs, Ajax and Monaco have all done recently.

And I agree Kean should come off the bench tomorrow. Which still means DCL gets 60 minutes to prove himself. I think that probably doesn't change next week either. The earliest I see Kean starting is Villa. I'd like to be wrong but I don't see Marco risking it with fitness when we want to press.
Out of those three united is the most realistic but still miles away. We will be up against Leicester, Wolves and maybe West ham. Again though it's ifs and buts as per usual. If only etc...

Well it wouldn't be one season would it ? Unless the players were all on loan or about 35. Ajax and Monaco means very little as we are in different leagues. Spurs took advantage of each window except the Bale window, let's not kid ourselves though it's taken many years to get where they are now. How much longer are you happy to wait until we are at least challenging again ?
I think he should start, he's unknown got a point to prove and is highly rated. We know very well what DCL offers he doesn't need anymore time to show us. Kean has stated he's fit and ready to go.

Out of those three united is the most realistic but still miles away. We will be up against Leicester, Wolves and maybe West ham. Again though it's ifs and buts as per usual. If only etc...

Well it wouldn't be one season would it ? Unless the players were all on loan or about 35. Ajax and Monaco means very little as we are in different leagues. Spurs took advantage of each window except the Bale window, let's not kid ourselves though it's taken many years to get where they are now. How much longer are you happy to wait until we are at least challenging again ?
I think he should start, he's unknown got a point to prove and is highly rated. We know very well what DCL offers he doesn't need anymore time to show us. Kean has stated he's fit and ready to go.
Don't get me wrong I'd love to be challenging this year. I'm just trying to be a bit realistic about it. Even City with unlimited resources couldn't do it overnight. It takes time to build a culture, cohesion, a way of playing, a scouting system and a bunch of other things. We can't just sign 5 players and expect to compete.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be challenging this year. I'm just trying to be a bit realistic about it. Even City with unlimited resources couldn't do it overnight. It takes time to build a culture, cohesion, a way of playing, a scouting system and a bunch of other things. We can't just sign 5 players and expect to compete.
Agreed. And that's why, although it would've been interesting to get Zaha, just don't think we are there yet. I can't wait to get to the point where we can afford the super cost to get incrementally better from good to elite, but we have to get good first. We aren't THAT close.

If Henry goes to Monaco we've barely spent anything and considering the players we've bought in I think that is fantastic business while also getting rid of 70% of the deadwood so far and hopefully gives us a bit more freedom to spend in Jan/next summer for a big signing.

We've already waited for ages, we can see the direction, just one more window and the rubbish will be gone and all pieces in place.

We did not ban chelski, we did not turn down zaha, but we will prevail.

Utft

Kean's played 1700 minutes in Serie A + CL and scored 11 goals. DCL has played over 4200 minutes in the PL/UEL and scored 11 goals.

Is 1700 minutes at the top flight really unknown? He's much better than DCL, he didn't come here to sit on the bench - in fact, probably the ONLY reason he moved here was because he knew he would play. Play him as soon as he's ready. If that's tomorrow, great.

Mate this story is continuous year in year out. I'd like to say I'm being realistic to fair. It's definitely not over night for us it's a life time. City have achieved greatness in a relative short period, much less than Spurs. There was an opportunity to move forward a lot this window and I think we have missed our flight again.

Kean's played 1700 minutes in Serie A + CL and scored 11 goals. DCL has played over 4200 minutes in the PL/UEL and scored 11 goals.

Is 1700 minutes at the top flight really unknown? He's much better than DCL, he didn't come here to sit on the bench - in fact, probably the ONLY reason he moved here was because he knew he would play. Play him as soon as he's ready. If that's tomorrow, great.
I'm with you mate stats an all. I totally agree Kean has said he is fit, ready to go and paper suggests he's better than what we have. In that case he needs to be on the pitch.

I'm with you mate stats an all. I totally agree Kean has said he is fit, ready to go and paper suggests he's better than what we have. In that case he needs to be on the pitch.
Language issues and other things may make him not quite up to speed from a tactics standpoint, so I get it if he's not out there from day one. But it's not going to be long. The kid is going to be a little inconsistent, but he is also going to pull off some stuff that we've not seen in a CF in a LONG time.

Language issues and other things may make him not quite up to speed from a tactics standpoint, so I get it if he's not out there from day one. But it's not going to be long. The kid is going to be a little inconsistent, but he is also going to pull off some stuff that we've not seen in a CF in a LONG time.
I think bench but he should be on the pitch. His language seemed fine to be honest. Well of course he's 19 and never kicked a ball in England.

Silva says £28mil net spend and 18 players gone.

Interesting to see how many more leave + the fees. Would be great to be close to breakeven, have as much as possible for a CB in Jan.

Silva says £28mil net spend and 18 players gone.

Interesting to see how many more leave + the fees. Would be great to be close to breakeven, have as much as possible for a CB in Jan.
Wouldn't take too much more. Salary savings right now is around 6M a year. If Mirallas, Niasse, Martina go, and if even around half of Bolasie's salary goes as he's an almost certain loan, the salary savings jump to about 16M a year. If we get say 5M for those jokers, it's getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back