Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absoutley pointless speculating which team we can finish in front of. No one has a clue, the only thing that matters is the points total, we cant control what other team do. For me Silva has had a year to work with the team, unless we get really unlucky with injuries we should be targeting 20 wins and 67-70 points. That will be massive progress regardless of what others do. Brands cant do anything until Jan now, its all about what Silva gets from the players
Agree with that, Silva has to turn all this potential into points.

Warning for people with a lack of attention span. Tldr

I’m glad to see the good votes ended up winning.

Every single one of us would of course wanted us to have signed a cb, with a quality cb signed it would have easily been one of the best transfer windows ever for us.

Kean one of the best young forwards on the planet. One I thought we’d have no chance of getting. Gomes we all wanted after last season. Delph as versatile and good for the dressing room player going by comments from his ex teammates and manager you’re likely to ever get. The fact he played so many games for the best manager in the world proves he’s a very good player. A decent backup gk. Iwobi I’m a massive fan of and my two arsenal mates are devastated he’s left. Gbamin ill Be honest I’ve watched maybe 5 or 6 times but he’s looked good or better each time. Reading up on him and watching videos it looks a great signing. Sidibé a World Cup winning right back says it all really.

We’ve lowered the age of the squad, lost two first team players but gained 4 or 5 regular starting 11 players at the same time.

Our squad starting 2017 season
2C1EEEAA-EA2D-4E20-889C-3AC600019948.webp

Squad starting 2018 season

5B4ED3E9-42FE-4D72-AC03-043EC95C7AF4.webp

Potential squad starting this season

40A999CC-A319-43C3-827A-3CDB5D50B208.webp

So this season imo we’ll be starting the season with 8 players better than we started two years ago, 2 players are the same and the other is Gueye. Would class Coleman worse now but we have an excellent backup in Sidibé Incase he’s not performing.

This season imo we’ll be starting the season with 5 better players than we started last season, 5 players the same and again the other one is Gueye.

Ignoring the starting 11. And going by the bench.

Two years ago......Last year........Potential this year
Mirallas.................Holgate...........Lossl
Martina..................Sandro.......... Iwobi
Stek.......................Digne.............Sidibé
Davies...................Niasse............Holgate
Holgate..................Stek...............Calvert-Lewin
Lookman................Davies...........Delph

Not included in the first team squad.

Davies.
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Baines
Steck
Tosun.
Gibson.
Etc

Our first 11 is stronger year on year, our bench is stronger year on year, our squad outside of the match day squad is again stronger year on year.

Also with what we’ve sold already and I’d imagine Mirallas, Bolasie, maybe Tosun, Martina and Niasse all likely to soon follow out the door we’ll have decreased our wage bill, had a very low net spend, vastly decreased the squads deadweight and yet improved.

What it potentially gives us is the same what man city and Liverpool have been doing, have a good core squad that have already got the experience of working well with each other then each season add 2 or 3 players to make the team more complete.

Gives us a chance in January to go out and make one big CB signing and our squad is very very good, after that every window sign a couple of replacement first team players to replace underperforming ones and each time we’ll be stronger.

I do get if we don’t win something quick or qualify for Europe we may lose players like Digne or richarlison. Happens to all teams at some point. But after removing so much deadweight and improving the last few years so much plus the huge fees we’ll receive I 100% trust we’ll come out stronger with brands and Moshiri in charge.

I’m genuinely very excited by our potential for the first time in my lifetime.

Warning for people with a lack of attention span. Tldr

I’m glad to see the good votes ended up winning.

Every single one of us would of course wanted us to have signed a cb, with a quality cb signed it would have easily been one of the best transfer windows ever for us.

Kean one of the best young forwards on the planet. One I thought we’d have no chance of getting. Gomes we all wanted after last season. Delph as versatile and good for the dressing room player going by comments from his ex teammates and manager you’re likely to ever get. The fact he played so many games for the best manager in the world proves he’s a very good player. A decent backup gk. Iwobi I’m a massive fan of and my two arsenal mates are devastated he’s left. Gbamin ill Be honest I’ve watched maybe 5 or 6 times but he’s looked good or better each time. Reading up on him and watching videos it looks a great signing. Sidibé a World Cup winning right back says it all really.

We’ve lowered the age of the squad, lost two first team players but gained 4 or 5 regular starting 11 players at the same time.

Our squad starting 2017 season
View attachment 64801

Squad starting 2018 season

View attachment 64802

Potential squad starting this season

View attachment 64803

So this season imo we’ll be starting the season with 8 players better than we started two years ago, 2 players are the same and the other is Gueye. Would class Coleman worse now but we have an excellent backup in Sidibé Incase he’s not performing.

This season imo we’ll be starting the season with 5 better players than we started last season, 5 players the same and again the other one is Gueye.

Ignoring the starting 11. And going by the bench.

Two years ago......Last year........Potential this year
Mirallas.................Holgate...........Lossl
Martina..................Sandro.......... Iwobi
Stek.......................Digne.............Sidibé
Davies...................Niasse............Holgate
Holgate..................Stek...............Calvert-Lewin
Lookman................Davies...........Delph

Not included in the first team squad.

Davies.
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Baines
Steck
Tosun.
Gibson.
Etc

Our first 11 is stronger year on year, our bench is stronger year on year, our squad outside of the match day squad is again stronger year on year.

Also with what we’ve sold already and I’d imagine Mirallas, Bolasie, maybe Tosun, Martina and Niasse all likely to soon follow out the door we’ll have decreased our wage bill, had a very low net spend, vastly decreased the squads deadweight and yet improved.

What it potentially gives us is the same what man city and Liverpool have been doing, have a good core squad that have already got the experience of working well with each other then each season add 2 or 3 players to make the team more complete.

Gives us a chance in January to go out and make one big CB signing and our squad is very very good, after that every window sign a couple of replacement first team players to replace underperforming ones and each time we’ll be stronger.

I do get if we don’t win something quick or qualify for Europe we may lose players like Digne or richarlison. Happens to all teams at some point. But after removing so much deadweight and improving the last few years so much plus the huge fees we’ll receive I 100% trust we’ll come out stronger with brands and Moshiri in charge.

I’m genuinely very excited by our potential for the first time in my lifetime.
Needs a couple of pie charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back