Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, so we're really moaning about not being able to watch new players at a meaningless game tomorrow. To exaggerate how bad things are.

Don't get me wrong it's not exactly an exciting window. But that just seems like strange behaviour to me.
? Can't see that I'm moaning there mate tbh.

Money, wages, and club structures.

Financial implications of getting it wrong means relegation after investment.

Getting right just means 1 successful season then you sell the players and recycle.

As mentioned, the only one close is Brighton but they spent £100mill net on promotion and their highest place was 15th for 4 seasons. It's only these last 2 where a long term play has started to be successful. But investment was made to stay in the league.
Good job our strategy of signing bad, old, expensive, premier league proven players has kept us well clear of this outcome.

The simple fact is that this club has followed your proposed strategy and has got worse every year. If we get worse again this year we will be relegated. The option you advocate for striker, Che Adams, is just this year's Maupay. He's a bad player. I know you say he's the "right bad player", whatever that means, but more bad players send us down. We are not a good side and, despite that, Che Adams does not make us better. It's a stupid idea.

However close or otherwise who knows, but I'd guess not close enough to have anything done for Fulham.

The window of opportunity to complete deals before the season starts is very tight now.

Chermiti aside, I'm expecting everything else to come down to September 1st.
I think we'll get 1 more in after Chermiti and then it will come down to possible loans and working on Removals..

Can anyone 'Honestly' say they knew anything about this 'Iling -Junior' before the sudden claims this summer !!

( And no, No computerised football game can be classed as knowledge of the lad )

players players players please

a week to go ffs a week
Fear they are waiting till nearer the end of the window, classic Everton wait and wait until there's only the scraps left over and the fees are a bit knocked down and we saved a few weeks of wages throwing away the chance to start well.

We wouldn't have to. If they sell him, without him asking for a transfer, they have to pay him up. If he asks for a transfer that is a different matter.
Utd will have to put £10m+ in his back pocket to force him out
Not if he agrees on the transfer.. Once that happens there is no remainder of a contract anymore.

I know things aren't great right now but why exaggerate. We've also got danjuma on loan. He's not ours but it's still a signing.

We didn't scoff at Barry and Lukaku when we got them on loan. A loan signing is still a signing
I'm guessing at the time we signed Barry and Lukaku we already had functional strikers at the club

In 7 days time we'll be watching Neal Maupay start as our striker again

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back