Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of agree, but by the same token our wide options have been awful for a while
Yeah they have but Danjuma and Harrison are already a big improvement. Having two more experienced wingers surely allows a cheaper punt if we want another rather than burning the budget when other positions are woefully short.

Yeah they have but Danjuma and Harrison are already a big improvement. Having two more experienced wingers surely allows a cheaper punt if we want another rather than burning the budget when other positions are woefully short.
One other way to look at it is that Iwobi's best form for us, by a mile, came as a centre mid. If Dyche wants to play him there, then wide options are important.

I might be miles off there, but wide options of McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma and Sulemana/Gnonto are enough to only ever need Iwobi wide in an emergency

You know man united spent 80 million pounds on a striker from Serie A who had one promising season in a reputable league and only scored 9 goals , (less than beto) but that's the indicator of the striker right now, it's absurd any prolific highly touted striker is way out of our price range ( in vogue?). This is a smart deal and at least in my mind us different than tosun or other horrid deals
Truth is somewhere in the margins. Hojlund was grossly expensive, everyone noted that. I think there are reasonable questions on that deal. That said United calculus and ability to miss is much higher than ours let alone a club like Atalanta leveraging them knowing their resources. He also turned 20 this last winter.

We can say this is an inflated market but equally worth noting is Elye Wahi moving for 35 million from Montpellier to Lens. Balogun to Monaco for close to that. Not that off from the cost of Nicolas Jackson Chelsea move, rumored Santi Gimenez deals. A notch below that pedigree and I think we could fetch something in the high teens. Maybe not to the same assurance in immediate production as Beto but with a higher ceiling possibly comparable immediate output and with more protection of a miss considering the outlay.

Truth is somewhere in the margins. Hojlund was grossly expensive, everyone noted that. I think there are reasonable questions on that deal. That said United calculus and ability to miss is much higher than ours let alone a club like Atalanta leveraging them knowing their resources. He also turned 20 this last winter.

We can say this is an inflated market but equally worth noting is Elye Wahi moving for 35 million from Montpellier to Lens. Balogun to Monaco for close to that. Not that off from the cost of Nicolas Jackson Chelsea move, rumored Santi Gimenez deals. A notch below that pedigree and I think we could fetch something in the high teens. Maybe not to the same assurance in immediate production as Beto but with a higher ceiling possibly comparable immediate output and with more protection of a miss considering the outlay

Sad that this is so correct. Someone please take me to Martinez/Koeman debacle and say 'maybe let's get James Maddison and Eddie Howe instead of Sandro, Rooney, Absurrdson, Tosun and Walcott, Alladyce, Silva, Ancellotti, Benitez, Lampard and Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back