Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this up in January.

I don’t know how the rest of the evening will play out but I do believe that the business in has been good, players out also. Removing players who won’t add any value is right. Removing players who will cause disharmony if they’re not playing is right. Selling players who don’t want to be here is right, removing players that wreak of negative seasons gone by is right.

This is a crazy market and we have neither the money, freedom to operate at anything other than a bargain / loan level or the desirability. When players such as Cole Palmer is being sold in excess of £42m, Caicido for £115m, Balogun £40m, Havertz for £65m and many more besides, you realise how nuts this industry has become.

The squad will be thin but with players to come back from injury, we have enough to take us to January and the last thing we want to do is replace poor players with more of the same, on long expensive contracts, simply to fill out the squad or keep the masses happy.

If we hold our own this season then this window will be hailed as a great success.

Just my opinion of course.

IMG_8919.webp

Depth

We lost Mina, Holgate and Coady and replaced those 3 with Branthwaite.

We are about to lose Iwobi and have replaced him with an injured Jack Harrison.

It’s not hard to work out really.
Mina hardly ever played
Holgate is proper gash
Branthwaite is alrite IMO

Harrison might turn out to be ok

2 new strikers ?

No , it ain't hard to work out, is it!

I've heard that too. It's a genuine thing up and down the country. It's a known fact that TV money and transfer income is being used to run the club on a day-to-day basis.

I've heard from several places that administration is likely. I didn't follow it up in any detail as I can't be arsed. It's depressing enough following the squad and transfers without getting into all that. But a lot of the football world seem to think we are about to go bust according to rumours.
Maybe a blessing in disguise.

No more following the team up and down the country, no more wasting money, buying season tickets and travelling to games.

We'll all be rich and start enjoying our weekends...

It's hard to believe they would target a player who's be publicly unavailable for weeks, I know Gnonto agent probably kept pushing and promising things, but still feels like we have massively missed the mark. Let's not forget, if Jack Harrison wasn't injured he likely goes to a different team
I think they only would have got him if Leeds sold him for buttons. I think after that it's been classic phantom bid FC.

Some people on Twitter, don't know who they are, are saying that the money needs to be pocketed by the club as we are about to go into administration.

Heard administration mentioned by a few people last week. We know the club are in huge financial trouble, so could be true.
It's almost on us. The only reason we kept hold of Pickford, Dom and Patterson was to ensure it didn't happen. This season is critical.

I posted this up in January.

I don’t know how the rest of the evening will play out but I do believe that the business in has been good, players out also. Removing players who won’t add any value is right. Removing players who will cause disharmony if they’re not playing is right. Selling players who don’t want to be here is right, removing players that wreak of negative seasons gone by is right.

This is a crazy market and we have neither the money, freedom to operate at anything other than a bargain / loan level or the desirability. When players such as Cole Palmer is being sold in excess of £42m, Caicido for £115m, Balogun £40m, Havertz for £65m and many more besides, you realise how nuts this industry has become.

The squad will be thin but with players to come back from injury, we have enough to take us to January and the last thing we want to do is replace poor players with more of the same, on long expensive contracts, simply to fill out the squad or keep the masses happy.

If we hold our own this season then this window will be hailed as a great success.

Just my opinion of course.

View attachment 225533
That "if" in the second last sentence is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back