Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better cover at lb than a 38 yr old young, i dont want see us do this for all positons as we desparately need attackers in. 2 yr deal for cover be fine with me, different if he would cost money but a free transfer and lower wages than young puts us in better position

If we ever get around to actual signings this summer can we just stop signing players with "relegation on their CV"
Stop the Charlie Taylor shouts pls.
Any signings we make in the summer, and we'll have to make a few given the number of players out of contract, will be very low cost. Combine that with our general reluctance to sign unknown players and I don't think we'll be able to be especially picky about CVs.

Any signings we make in the summer, and we'll have to make a few given the number of players out of contract, will be very low cost. Combine that with our general reluctance to sign unknown players and I don't think we'll be able to be especially picky about CVs.
Yeah i get what means is frustrating for me is who they replqce for say onana and Branthwaite is they both leave. Yes we need to get more legs in the squad but also need to improve on the quality

Yeah i get what means is frustrating for me is who they replqce for say onana and Branthwaite is they both leave. Yes we need to get more legs in the squad but also need to improve on the quality
We will be binning highly paid players who are not in the starting XI too though. This plus the rule changes have us in a bit better place going forward than we are today. I think.

I'm often accused of being pessimistic when it comes to Everton FC so I figure I'll just lean into it with this prediction. Selling Onana, Branthwaite or both will result in us putting almost all of the fees raised into operating costs and the stadium with only a small percentage going on new players. I could be wrong and, of course, I hope I am, however, my strong fear is that we will have an even weaker squad next year.

I'm often accused of being pessimistic when it comes to Everton FC so I figure I'll just lean into it with this prediction. Selling Onana, Branthwaite or both will result in us putting almost all of the fees raised into operating costs and the stadium with only a small percentage going on new players. I could be wrong and, of course, I hope I am, however, my strong fear is that we will have an even weaker squad next year.
I don’t think we will NEED to from the new PSR rules but I think our owner may WANT to. Ugly

This never makes sense to me. If a player been relegated like Pickford, Tarkowski, McNeil, Gana etc does that mean theyre a bad player? How about when Boro went down with Ravanelli, Juninho and Emerson?

Also, look at the Leeds team that went down and some of their young lads like Summerville, Gnonto, Rutter & Gray who would all walk into our team.
There's a reason they got relegated.

We are watching it every week.

There's a reason they got relegated.

We are watching it every week.

If youre alluding to Everton potentially being relegated (we wont be) then it appears as though you also believe Branthwaite, Pickford, Onana to take 3 are failures and so other clubs should not sign them.

Interesting thought process...

Is the truth tbh i think the squad will still be stronger is why i want one only to go with us hopefully having more sales. Godfrey and maupay for one.

Those clean sheets we are keeping are terrible. Pickford and Tarks are key to that. Not all elevated players are poor
Oh I like Tarks...a lot , & Pickford.

But McNeil , Harrison , Godfrey , Gana Doucoure & Keane I Don't. They would struggle for game time in almost every team outside of the bottom 3.

FWIW DCL , Garner , Onana , Branthwaite & even Mykolenko were not signed from relegated clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back