Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Morelos. Always thought he had a good eye for goal. He’s better than Maupay but they are the same build etc. I think everyone knows we need a bigger, tougher striker. Someone that can head the ball preferably.

The overall standard of the MLS is still significantly below that of the Championship, so I don't know how you can make that decision based on a compilation.

Eh, I don't know if it's significantly below the Championship. This has the Championship as the 11th best league in the world, with the MLS close behind at 16. We're only just a few years away from Miguel Almiron jumping right from the MLS to Newcastle. In his last season in the MLS, Almiron had 12 goals and 11 assists in 32 matches. Vazquez had 18 and 8 last year, and he did that on a team that was much worse than Almiron's.

I like Morelos. Always thought he had a good eye for goal. He’s better than Maupay but they are the same build etc. I think everyone knows we need a bigger, tougher striker. Someone that can head the ball preferably.
He's honestly not better than Maupay. He hasn't got past 12 goals any of the last four years playing for the second best team in Scotland. In the same period Maupay has 8, 8 and 10 in the infinitely more difficult PL and 25 in the Championship. Maupay is miles clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back