Summer transfer window 2023

What I don't get is how loads are saying move on onana cos he's not good enough but then say we'll get a massive wedge for him. Surely if he isn't good enough nobody would pay a massive wedge for him?

What about Youri Tielemans from Leicester out of contract so on a free to add some much needed creativity to our midfield.
A lot of talent that lad - not convinced his work ethic is there, and I’m not sure we’d be the sort of move he is looking for, I would imagine if he come it would be a big salary and a high % of games phoned in

So are we going into another window having to rebuild our defense or can we at last spend money on a proper striker as a priority?

Branthwaite must come back. Read somewhere Nkounkou had a sale clause so not sure we can bring him back. I would maybe tinker with the back and replace Mina at most. We have to start our thinking with goals as priority in mind else we again trying to defend our premiership survival.
Every single striker recruitment since Lukaku left didn't need hindsight to know the were not a fit. Maybe we can replace Lukaku with.... Lukaku?

So are we going into another window having to rebuild our defense or can we at last spend money on a proper striker as a priority?

Branthwaite must come back. Read somewhere Nkounkou had a sale clause so not sure we can bring him back. I would maybe tinker with the back and replace Mina at most. We have to start our thinking with goals as priority in mind else we again trying to defend our premiership survival.
Every single striker recruitment since Lukaku left didn't need hindsight to know the were not a fit. Maybe we can replace Lukaku with.... Lukaku?
Think the new Chelsea manager will be trying to get him back in tbh. Again looking at a 'cheap' option if we are after 2 strikers I'd be all over trying to get David Fofana from them on loan.
If we went for Gyokeres also it would suit Dyches bulldoze the place to bits style with two big powerful runners up top.

I forgot about Moise Kean, with £25 million for him and £40 million for Gordon maybe we can make a few key signings. There should be space in the wage bill with Mina and Townsend gone as well.

Obviously geting goals in the team is key but I think a new left back is also required.

From what I’ve seen of Gyokeres, he works hard, makes good runs and holds the ball up fairly well. Ticks a lot of boxes and is the profile of player we should be signing- someone who would see Everton as a step up and be keen to work hard and prove himself.

Wasn't he a target last summer? Not sure why move wasn't made then? Problem here is his style is pretty much ideal for Brentford with way they play and they now have a void at CF for six months and Toney will probably leave next summer regardless so that would be a very tempting move for him as they only finished 2 points off 7th in the end.

One thing that has to be a part of assessing a player is their injury record. Of course bad luck happens to players, but we have such a bunch of crocks that we would be much better getting a 7/10 player that will play week in, week out rather than an 8.5/10 player that is in and out of the team and only available for half the games. The constant need to patch up the first 11 due to injuries is one of the contributing factors to our poor record.