Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sulemana only signed for Southampton in January and hardly featured until the end of the season and then scored twice against Liverpool.
Quite a quick player but does little against the ball which is a requirement for most players these days.

It’s a very similar trajectory to Arteta bounced out of a Scottish club and deemed available for loan at a mid tier Spanish club to Arteta. You could draw similar parralels with Piennar.

When you look at what Brighton fans say about the lad, they really want him given a chance, they think he has huge quality, but also recognise they’ve had one of the best midfields in the world over the last 12 months and now the likes of Gilmour coming is - it’s a tough gig and he has a year on his contract. He shone last season out on loan. They’d like to keep him.

I wouldn’t be at all closed minded on him and his profile.

lol there is no correlation between a Barcelona player who goes on loan to a class PSG side before moving to Rangers and back to Spain with Sociedad....

...and a player from Leyton Orient, Swindon, Standard Liege and Brighton u23s.

He was defintely more impactful then McNeill the year before mate. McNeill had a brilliant second half to last season and without him we were goosed - but he was awful in the first half of the season for us as well. That's not a binary criticism of for or against - its just a fact and he needs to find that consistency in my opinion - because hes shown full tilt hes a player.

Like you i dont think there is anything in the story. But Corent was very good for Burnley and indeed played in a CL semi i think before hitting Burnley - so he didnt come from no where in a short period if you look at his profile. He changed the game in Burnleys favour in our defeat there under Lampard, hes very impactful and can play about 5 positions. His fitness is a concern mind. The only slight thing i would think that may indicate some truth in us doing a deal is West Ham seem very over stocked in the attacking midfield dept and are about offer Lingarrd a deal.

Maxwell Cornet is absolutely dog dirt.

But cornet got more goals in his one season. Than McNeil has ever got.

McNeil last season could be his purple patch, as he only got 1 goal in his last 2 seasons at Burnley
As insinuated its a long term assessment based on more than isolating one stat. Its in the eyes of the beholder but for me McNeil was clearly the better option and I'm very glad we chose it.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if we did field 10 wingers and one goalkeeper. Would we score loads of goals and let in a few or would we be massacred. It's food for thought.

The other idea is you get 10 wingers into your defence box, they form a circle and the goalkeeper passes the ball to that circle which turns into a huddle. Then the huddle walks the ball up the pitch and into the opponent's goal. There are no laws against it.
Ah, the flying V from the The Mighty Ducks.

Cornet feels like a very lazy link.
Was our interest genuine last summer? If it was then maybe there is something in it as Thelwell does seem to stick to his targets
is the fact we can only do 1 more loan from a PL side going to hinder us i feel ?
Cornet or Salumana and a midfielder like the lad from Brighton for example.
And that German centre back would not be a loan as he is in the last year of his contract.

Or would there be any money left in the tank if we sell Gray and/or Iwobi and/or even Cannon has been touted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back