Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the lad wanting out is the important peice.

I’m conflicted on this the lad has a contract until 2025. We could get a loan fee for him this year and sell him next after a good year in the Championship.

Then again will he top out at 7-10 mill.

Judgement needs to be made somewhere along the line. I suspect after brining in two strikers one younger than him would suggest he’s not part of a long term plan. I think that maybe triggered the lad.
I could be doing him a disservice but while he's clearly a decent goalscorer at the levels he's played I'm not sure he's got the standout characteristics (pace, size, strength) to do it at the PL level. Seems like maybe a decent Adams-type all rounder who'll do you 15-20 goals in the Championship without it necessarily translating at the higher level. Cash in, protect yourself from being wrong with clauses.

Chelsea are putting their neb in for Palmer according to BBC sports.

How many players and how much money do they want to spend? Madness
& still not the player they need! A top goal scorer is what the 😭 out for! Am just made up we didn’t get Hudson odoi 😎

I just don’t see a window for Cannon atm. Maybe before Beto and that was stretching it, but he has every right to express his desire for first team footy. Might just be bad timing for us. As others have said I’d work in a sell-on or buyback.

Next summer we'll be losing alot of players...we'll need:

2 × ACM
2 × RW
2 × CM
2 × FB

Then the year after we need 2 × CB

I think its a good time to bring in u21s while weve.loaned in experience...let them integrate and develop to then replace them for next season.

Low pressure signings like Wharton, Bakayoko, Gnonto types.

The likes to Alzate and Cornet dont help.
You keep banging on about next season! Let’s focus on here & now, we haven’t got a clue where we will be next season & trust me if we in championship there will be a hell of lot more spaces to fill 😂

I watched Birmingham a few times last season with my late mom (she was born in small heath), and he looked pretty decent. Guaranteed it was a league below us but he's still young and will improve, so I wouldn't be saying no to signing him.
Was he played as a cm was reading he was an attacking mid but only had one goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back