Summer transfer window 2023

I expect we are/have lined up some incoming but ups all down to selling players.
We will need that done this morning or early afternoon to get any incoming over the line.

loaning Demarai gray to Lille seems like a failure on our end, the fact no team has really wanted to sign him all summer despite being relatively cheap just shows that he’s not very good
Would be a shame, but if we can get him off the wage bill and get some kind of loan payment for him then still a miracle!

Don't get me wrong, would have loved the 10-12 mil suggested from Saudi.

i don't think we'll benefit of any incomings today. - outgoings very possible but just don't think we'll have the pulling power when other clubs are all doing work to bring in players into positions we need. a CB, full backs on both sides, a right sided player

This is the thing though mate there is a difference between playing in the elite PL and the French second division.

If he stayed here he wouldn’t have played, his value would have depreciated, his value was dipping at Cardiff, he found a level and a foundation in the French second division - someone’s now taking a chance on him and we make money, that was very clever by Thelwell.

We need to be less sentimental about players from the academy or we invest in to develop - only the elite will ever make it, Neil’s is going to play as a full back in the same league as JonJo Kenny. The DOF is making the players we develop, who won’t make it at elite level bring in revenue. Our academy has made a lot of money this window, in the last 12 months it’s a staggering amount. All clubs do this - even City - it’s a huge revenue generator.

I agree with that and im not saying keep players in the under 23s like we used too.

There is no reason to have a £1m option to buy on a player you're loaning out. You'll just loose money on them and we have.

People will see this deal as £4m gained but i see it as £4m lost because we should be getting the whole fee if it wasn't for that option to buy.