Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, we will have 2 full backs out of contract then + 2 CBs with 1 year left.

Its good timing.
It’s not good timing waiting until next year if we haemorrhage goals this year. I know he was as bad as DCL but talent wise, we’ve not replaced Mina (I’m hoping Branthwaite keeps getting better as the season goes on but he was on the books anyway).

Despite the positive recruitment up front, we’re still a long way off being free from a relegation fight this season.

Still, you’re right that it will be good to make changes next given those contracts. Just wish we were a bit more solid at the back now.

This is turning into an unreal day for outgoings, first mugging Fulham for £22m for Iwobi, now bullying Brentford into loaning back Maupay plus getting £7.5m for Cannon

Have to think now it’s gonna be one of Gnonto (talk of £38m agreed) or Sulemana coming in before 11 and maybe someone on loan (Phillips or Cornet)

All I'll say on Maupay going is the same thing I've said since he signed, he was never given a real chance at Everton play to his strengths. As a player he is no where near as poor as he's looked for Everton, genuinely there at Doncaster I think that was the first time he actually played with another striker in his Everton career.

He was never a Calvert Lewin replacement, he was an alternative. The problem was he was expected to play the same way. Brentford are among some of the smartest scouting and transfer wise in the country, I think them signing him shows that there is clearly a player in there. That being said I do think he needs to leave. I'll wish him the best personally.
Well said. He deserved the odd anguished groan when he missed a sitter but he didn't deserve any of the hate. Same for Iwobi.

All I'll say on Maupay going is the same thing I've said since he signed, he was never given a real chance at Everton play to his strengths. As a player he is no where near as poor as he's looked for Everton, genuinely there at Doncaster I think that was the first time he actually played with another striker in his Everton career.

He was never a Calvert Lewin replacement, he was an alternative. The problem was he was expected to play the same way. Brentford are among some of the smartest scouting and transfer wise in the country, I think them signing him shows that there is clearly a player in there. That being said I do think he needs to leave. I'll wish him the best personally.

I can see him scoring 5-10 for Brentford this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back