Summer transfer window 2023

Which assets have been stripped, mate?
The lack of backing over the last 3 or 4 seasons has left us now with a threadbare squad, one or two injuries away from a crisis which could get us relegated. A lack of numbers in some areas and a total lack of quality in the few areas we do have numbers.

And our squad has about 12 players who will still be under contract this time next year. This time next year we are barely going to have a squad left.

It's been highly negligent recruitment and it's going to leave us in a dire position.

I get that but our club as I'm sure you're aware accumulates injuries at a disconcerting rate who do we play when everyone Is injured? I'd rather iwobi than a youth player , dyche is not even comfortable playing. Get rid of the dross but have at least one replacement lined up is what I'm saying
I’m in the minority in that I like Iwobi. Him leaving is bad for us, IMO, but it would seem like a) he has no intention of signing a new deal and b) wants to move back down south.

Generally I agree that if a starting player leaves we need a replacement, but I think he has only ever been effective when played centrally and Dyche has shown no inclination to play him there so he’s effectively been out of his best role for a while, now, anyway. At the very least we’re getting some cash to keep the proverbial wolves from the door. Not as sexy a prospect as signing a new player with the proceeds, but not nothing, either.

I don’t think it’s preparation for the Championship, but if we do go down this season we are less likely to avoid financial oblivion. Players signed will now have relegation clauses. More big earners who contribute nothing (Gomes, Gbamin, Dele) out of contract at the end of this season. It’s been a long slog but we’re finally getting to the end of the cycle of massive transfer overspending on underperforming, overpaid players. If we could stay up this year there might finally be some light at the end of the tunnel.
"If we could stay up...". This is where we are, this is what Moshiri has done. We're selling a first team player on deadline day for big money and replacing them with nobody. We're preparing for relegation.

Have they? We've currently scored zero goals in three games. I'm not getting carried away with a narrow victory against the worst team in the football league. I hope Danjuma and Beto score a hatfull but it's far from guaranteed.
I suppose we'll have to play devils advocate and wait until the end of the season. but no one was ever relegated after 3 gameweeks or on their transfer business alone.

I was quite satisfied with what I saw in the first two home games to make me think that we will reach the dizzying heights of 16th again this year and considering the financial state we're in (due to the stadium and past splurging) I will be ecstatic about!