Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes loaned though, so we are not paying his wages?
80% not far off the 71% average for the EPL.
Man utd spend over 200mil on wages, we have about 40mil which puts us about 13th in the PL list.
Of courss the stadium is a drain, but this is financed in a different way and indont thibk its coning out of the club revenue. Its affecting directly Moshiris pocket. I dont see it on our annual Profit and loss account?

The wage Bill is 89% mate. At one point it was in the nineties. Your comparing us to Man Utd who are who are one the biggest clubs in the world who generate insane money. We have bought countless players for £30m and got nothing in return. Newcastle have to be careful already with there FFP and they got CL football. The big clubs just generate wayyyyyyy to much money for the rest to keep up with.

Nkunkou scored on his debut for Frankfurt. Good left back him. At least we're well stocked in that department 😭
I don't know why we bother signing youngsters here, we never let them develop properly. Too much pressure for results which wrongly means managers go for experience, despite said experience stinking the gaff out, really baffles me. The only way to get ready for Prem football is by playing it, in my opinion.

I don't know why we bother signing youngsters here, we never let them develop properly. Too much pressure for results which wrongly means managers go for experience, despite said experience stinking the gaff out, really baffles me. The only way to get ready for Prem football is by playing it, in my opinion.
Agreed - you’ve got our weird fixation with prem experience, even when they experience is getting smashed every week.

Then We’ve had managers who don’t trust them, then when the youngsters occasionally do get a game the “supporters“ crucify them for the slightest mistake, as we are doing with Patterson, and even dobbin now.

Might as well bin the academy - we don’t develop footballers or give young players a chance, and if I was the parent/agent of any kid we approached, I’d tell us thanks but no thanks.

It is slightly depressing to realise that El Ghazi might actually strengthen our squad providing depth at a position of need. His original loan spell forced on a manager who did not want him by an owner listening to his mate was inevitably a car crash. In reality he is a below average PL squad filler of the type Forest have in abundance rather than a park footballer. I am NOT advocating bringing him back but there are worse players than him in PL. I could see him at Burnley or Luton easily.

It is slightly depressing to realise that El Ghazi might actually strengthen our squad providing depth at a position of need. His original loan spell forced on a manager who did not want him by an owner listening to his mate was inevitably a car crash. In reality he is a below average PL squad filler of the type Forest have in abundance rather than a park footballer. I am NOT advocating bringing him back but there are worse players than him in PL. I could see him at Burnley or Luton easily.
Would maybe be prudent to sell Gray and sign him up for a year, if he was willing, but he would probably want a longer deal.

Scored 8 goals in 12 starts last season in Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back