Summer transfer window 2023

Numerous links to Aaron Anselmino from Boca Juniors. Very highly rated apparently and despite only a few games, expected to win a full cap soon.
Boca Juniors defender Aaron Anselmino has dealt a blow to Manchester United by insisting he wants to remain at the club.

Reports emerged over the weekend that United were ready to activate a £18.5million release clause in the defender’s contract.

Anselmino, 18, has played just seven times for the Argentine giants but he’s already attracted attention from a host of top European clubs.

Boca, for their part, are aware that the defender is a hot prospect and agreed a new deal with him in 2023 that included a release clause of £18.5m.

But the teenager insists he wants to stay in Argentina.

‘My head is here at Boca,’ said Anselmino.

‘I want to win titles here and win titles with this shirt. Nothing has come from outside.’

Seems very unlikely to me Zat.

Boca Juniors defender Aaron Anselmino has dealt a blow to Manchester United by insisting he wants to remain at the club.

Reports emerged over the weekend that United were ready to activate a £18.5million release clause in the defender’s contract.

Anselmino, 18, has played just seven times for the Argentine giants but he’s already attracted attention from a host of top European clubs.

Boca, for their part, are aware that the defender is a hot prospect and agreed a new deal with him in 2023 that included a release clause of £18.5m.

‘I want to win titles here and win titles with this shirt. Nothing has come from outside.’

I have to give Zat a lot of props for viewing football the exact same way he has for it has to be going on a decade now. I mean philosophically I'm mostly a believer in the same things I have been for awhile but certainly some of it changes with time and as you see and learn more. The game changes as well. But not Zat. He's still looking to bring in every kid in that Guardian list or in some FM brightest prospects article.

I have to give Zat a lot of props for viewing football the exact same way he has for it has to be going on a decade now. I mean philosophically I'm mostly a believer in the same things I have been for awhile but certainly some of it changes with time and as you see and learn more. The game changes as well. But not Zat. He's still looking to bring in every kid in that Guardian list or in some FM brightest prospects article.
Ah lets be honest, its not the worst idea.

I used to do it on FM and it makes sense.

Its the fact that he believes every single story he reads, which is a major concern for me.

But hey, im very cynical, so no doubt if somebody linked us to a 17-year-old defender from Carlisle called Branthwaite 3 years ago I would have dismissed that story also.

I tried to go back to 2020 to see what was said at the time, I got to 2023, my God his name is said A LOT on here.

A true visionary here tho.

444444444.jpg

Last edited:

Its the fact that he believes every single story he reads, which is a major concern for me.

But hey, im very cynical, so no doubt if somebody linked us to a 17-year-old defender from Carlisle called Branthwaite 3 years ago I would have dismissed that story also.

I tried to go back to 2020 to see what was said at the time, I got to 2023, my God his name is said A LOT on here.

View attachment 250137
Generally speaking I think we should sign every 6'5 defender that moves like Branthwaite does. Surely you can teach one enough football for it to work out.

Hes saying all the right things but we all know when the offers come in thats when he will make a real decision.

I think most South American based players dream of their big money move to Europe.

So take it with a pinch of salt.

The only way to compete is with money. The only ways to generate vast amounts are through transfers and the champions league.

Im not sure what changes this aside from massive commercial deals?

View attachment 250137

lol i dont believe the stories per se, its more the hope that we are following this model.