summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

The basic requirement is that he must be playing in 75% matches last year, in a top 75 national team, unless he is also an EU national or one could be treated as one.

Of course, waivers can be granted on the ground of "exceptional talent", but whether the Home Office sees his 100 Serie A caps as proof is something one cannot tell.

By the way, the current work permit system is a home office product. Different leagues have different ways to protect EU players.

There is no "nationality for football purposes". He need to stay in Italy for 10 years for citizenship, unless he took up an Italian wife which reduces it to 2 years.

Belgium currently stills offers citizenship at 3 years, and that's why their (along with Dutch) leagues are once used extensively as a nationality farm by a few prem teams.

Anyway, by the time Ljalic is an Italian national, he would probably be playing regular football for Serbia again (and he did after Mihajlovic left the national team job) and he would be granted a work permit anyway.

The whole rumor is stemming from the fact that if Lamela is shoved back to Roma, then Ljalic might be moved on to make space.

Great info! So the dream still lives along as he sticks with the national team!

There are key changes ahead for Barcelona's squad, Deulo & Rafinha have been rumoured to be returning since January

that's cool. And I get that it bothers you seeing Deulofeu on loan here. But Gerard is nowhere near the level of Alexis Sanchez. I believe he will get there, but he's not there yet.

You don't get it then

Would be dark days in Barca if Deu was in the regular first team. He's not ready...at all.

Bags of talent...bags of learning to do. Nowhere near good enough for Barca...barely good enough for us as a sub on most days. He can show flashes...but more often than not, he frustrates. Good lad though...bags of talent.

Would be dark days in Barca if Deu was in the regular first team. He's not ready...at all.

Bags of talent...bags of learning to do. Nowhere near good enough for Barca...barely good enough for us as a sub on most days. He can show flashes...but more often than not, he frustrates. Good lad though...bags of talent.

My response was aimed at the poster's conclusion that he gets it that I am bothered seeing Deulo on loan here

As for nowhere near good enough for Barcelona?...There's a reason he has a big buyout fee and has dominated at every level he's played, he is absolutely good enough...Whether he's ready for regular minutes or is ahead of the likes of Alexis in terms of place in the 1st team squad is a different question/issue...But if he's going to be bench fodder at Everton, he certainly can do similar if not more at Barcelona

BjkNv5VCAAE_AZO.png
Nacer Chadli was once top scorer in Eredivisie. Oh wait spurs destroyed him utterly in the prem.

Tadic's already 25, if he is that good he is already on everyone's radar.

My response was aimed at the poster's conclusion that he gets it that I am bothered seeing Deulo on loan here

As for nowhere near good enough for Barcelona?...There's a reason he has a big buyout fee and has dominated at every level he's played, he is absolutely good enough...Whether he's ready for regular minutes or is ahead of the likes of Alexis in terms of place in the 1st team squad is a different question/issue...But if he's going to be bench fodder at Everton, he certainly can do similar if not more at Barcelona
If you give Cristian Tello AND Isaac Cuenca in exchange we will be happy. Better if your management hates Pedro Rodriguez so much that they decide Everton is actually a good destination for him.

He's bench fodder at Everton for a reason mate...he ain't ready. He's got bags of talent...there is no doubt...but he is miles away from reaching his potential. Which was my point.

If you give Cristian Tello AND Isaac Cuenca in exchange we will be happy. Better if your management hates Pedro Rodriguez so much that they decide Everton is actually a good destination for him.

I have long thought Cuenca would be a smart move for Everton, I think he's terrifically talented...Just depends on whether he is over the knee injury which we'll know over the next couple of months

Pedro?...Not a chance...Tello is likely to be sold (Can't blame the player, he's been poorly handled) and has long been linked to your Merseyside rivals

He's bench fodder at Everton for a reason mate...he ain't ready. He's got bags of talent...there is no doubt...but he is miles away from reaching his potential. Which was my point.

One, it's your point which had nothing to do with my post...you merely tried to take the conversation in a different direction....Two, he's bench fodder for a simple reason - he's a loanee with no investment in his future from Everton's perspective...Three, even miles away from his potential he is a special class of player that every team covets - even Barcelona...A player that can consistently beat their man and is a goalscorer

One, it's your point which had nothing to do with my post...you merely tried to take the conversation in a different direction....Two, he's bench fodder for a simple reason - he's a loanee with no investment in his future from Everton's perspective...Three, even miles away from his potential he is a special class of player that every team covets - even Barcelona...A player that can consistently beat their man and is a goalscorer

Easy there lid. I only skimmed the convo, and submitted my opinion of the player. Which I think most everyone would agree upon. The lid oozes talent...but displays little of it in the telling moment. Really...if I wanna be harsh, he's a one trick pony that ain't very good at it right now. He's a fast player with a right foot...that is massively wasteful.

Please understand, I rate the kid...who wouldn't...he has those moments where you go...wow, just wow.

Regarding your 'bench fodder cause he's a loanee'...see Gareth Barry...see Romelu Lukaku. They've had no problem playing regular first team football at Everton FC mate...they are our best option in those positions. Gerard simply isn't at their level...yet

Deulofeu certainly has the skill, but his tactical awareness on the pitch is sorely missing.

Again, I will take Tello and Cuenca in exchange (even if on loan) if the Barca management deems Deulofeu has role to play at La Masia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back