Summer Wish List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting back to the point of this thread
we need midfielders more than anything
so; hopefully piennar is a done deal, arshevin, and james milner would do me if newcastle go down
and one worth watching is valencia from wigan
when all else fails. Geoff Nulty.......ah maybe not

Here let me help.

Halewood feels Robinson is a "good" keeper when he's [Poor language removed]. Furthermore, Halewood feels that Robinson is a better keeper than Howard. So buy that extension, Howard must really be [Poor language removed] via Halewood's line of thinking.

Again i have never said howard was [Poor language removed], your words not mine. Robinson is a much better goalie

In addition, you don't "address" a position when a player is performing up to the standards required of him. If he's playing poorly for an extended period of time, well then you do.

I dont believe howard is performing to the standard required of him, you do

Fortunately Howard's has easily been playing up to Premiership standards so no worries there. I think you can be assured that if somehow Howard's standard of play dropped considerably, Moyes would in fact address it sooner rather than later as goalkeeper is a position that you just cannot have an extended period of poor play. You can cover it up to an extent in other positions but with GK, it's there for all to see.

It is there to see, your just blinded by the stars and stripes, a common fault amongst americans

I'm sure there are one or two Evertonians out there that want another keeper. Fine, I'm sure we just about every part of the pitch where Evertonians want another player in that position at some point during the season. But speaking to a few other supporters who feel the same as you do on the position doesn't make it representative of the support now does it?

Neither does a few people who say they want to keep him like you suggested on here, a case of double standards tx

As I've stated before, that up until now, you are the only person on GOT who's advocating "addressing the position." I'm pretty much on here every day and read just about every post so it's doubtful (though not inconceivable) that I missed someone else posting that we need to address the position where Howard is concerned. Our backups? Now that's probably an area that needs addressing but that's a different topic for a different day.

Someone has to be the 1st and am quite happy to be the 1st on this matter, i was also 1 of the 1st to say BT will be [Poor language removed] when he joined. Some people know football tx and others are called Bill!

But if the mods want to put up a generic transfer target poll, that would be fine by me as I believe that right back and central attacking/defensive midfield would be our priorities where Moyes' spending is concerned (assuming of course that Pienaar is signed to a permanent deal). If we were able to improve the GK or any other position on a free, well then I'd be all for it.

I am all for a poll on the merits of Howard but as stated on numerous occasions on this thread i have stated its not a priority but needs addressing sooner rather than later. Moving the goal posts isnt cool billy

Believe me Halewood. I don't like "getting into it" with you or anyone else on here for that matter but in this instance, it's my opinion the Moyes hasn't gotten this one wrong. I'm confident that we'll agree to disagree on this on then as well.

I believe Moyes see's him as an adequate stop gap and provide cover until time comes when this position becomes his priority. He is no Nigel Martyn and he is certainly no Big Nev, this is the standard of goalie we demand

Are you guys really being serious about Robinson?

And some of you are worried about Howard being dodgy?

Fully agree, Bill. Robinson is a complete disaster at the moment. It could be that he's going to get his act together, like James seems to have done. But I don't think it will be in the near future.

I happen to think we're sound with Howard in goal, he's saved our arses a few times.

But its all about opinions, chill you two - youre both sound. Hit the ignore button like everyone does to me.

Halewood, anymore comments about TX being american and that means he doesnt have a clue, a warning will come into place.

Like Chico said, both sound etc.

there was a thread the other day titled 'i am so scouse' or something similar, although i didnt get to bask in its reflected glory, what could have been in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.