Swansea City Vs. Everton - CO Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 23rd Sept - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, too simplistic. Martinez inherited them, yes, but they played an entirely different way - the solidarity last year had little to do with Moyes, it was more to do with talented players blossoming in a setup that allowed them freedom to play and display their talent.

Problem this year is a ludicrous pre-season combined with baffling tactical decisions that remind everyone strongly of why Martinez at Wigan was ridiculed for his defensive setup. Now all momentum has been lost - and to be honest late last year there were signs of the decline.

Martinez deserves every ounce of criticism he gets for this - the test of him as a manager is how he bounces back from it. That side should never have been selected tonight because in terms of momentum for an important run of league games there was too much to lose by risking a thrashing like this.

we cant expect the lads to play three times in one week, he has to rotate and you would be fuming if Baines or Mirallas got injured tonight, players should have used tonight to make a claim for the derby, they didn't, well they were let down by the two experience players, Hibbert and Distin, we were still in the game until Distin lost his head again, and that not Martinez head, he done this under Moyes at Wembley, he a liability and Martinez needs to learn this quick and stick with Jags and Stones until the window opens.

I'm not even arsed. I think this season is over. We won't get relegated but we'll be soon knocked out of Europe (maybe we will get out of a group and then loss) and we'll fight for 10th place.

Stop pretending nothing is happening. Can't recall a worse Everton in my lifetime.

Well it's pretty poor.

I'm trying to think of positives.

I have none.

Oh yeah Garbutt looks good and the eventual successor to Pienaar

I still think Bobby is the man to take us forward. We will always have bad spells. This is hopefully the nadir.

Well, now we know that: Hibbo, as much as i adore him, should never play a match again. Age seems to have caught up to our favorite milkman, and that our 2nd. XI, is not good enough for cup-ties.

With that having been said, good night everyone. One more shot of Jim Beam and then off to bed.

domestos_wc_gel.png

Ill have blue flavour please. Make it a double

The percentage of other teams' efforts to the goals they score against us must be really high (Wolfsburg being the exception to prove the rule).

3 days of training to sort it out. Good news is the Viet Cong are poor at the moment as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.