Sylvain Distin 'confronts' fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
These idiots on twitter who abuse players for no reason need a slap. We all get wound up at players when they play badly, it's okay to vent frustration because we all do it. Actually tweeting the player directly though or tagging them in a tweet filled with abuse, that's just being an utter c*ck.

Wish Distin would rise above this stuff but the amount of abuse he gets goes too far.

Distin loves popcorning trolls on twitter. He's brilliant at it. Good on him.

Is popcorning where you get so upset with something you try and find the keyboard warrior?

Sylvain needs to take himself off twitter. You've got thousands of fans lads, ignore the odd idiot.

At Least he speaks his mind,but might one day get into trouble for it,but dont blame him,you cant just go around getting abuse,if they think they are funny/tough or not

Originally I thought he was simply walking over the crowd to simply throw his coat into the crowd and simply say thanks for the support he's received from the majority of our fans this season. Then he seemed to be just wandering around the front of the stand asking the steward something. However he didn't seem particularly responsive to the applause he was getting. It's totally ludicrous for him to try to confront this supporter who probably doesn't even support Everton let alone attend games.

I've been on Twitter for a few years now, and use it extensively in a professional capacity. In all of that time I've never once received any abuse on it. It shouldn't be regarded as a given, and I strongly suspect that were it to happen then it would quickly get stamped out by members of my professional community, as it's not the right way to behave.

Of course, you could argue that you shouldn't feed trolls, but it would be nice if people think a little before hitting the send button sometimes. There's a person at the other end. Plus of course, I don't like the attitude that because you've bought a ticket to the game that this gives you carte blanche to abuse the players as much as you like. It doesn't. Not at all.

I'm not saying it does give any right to abuse mate, quite the opposite in fact, but when your in the media spotlight be it rightly or wrongly the case that you know if you react its gonna be a story and in many ways maybe that's why he does react rather than simply blocking the person or going through another route to stop it happening.

as for the troll mate they know theirs another person on the other end and they simply don't care, it's the reaction that their after and if they get it their happy.

Honestly glad i never have used twitter, its probably the lowest of the low net wise mate

He technically had every right to confront the person, if he was going over to speak to the person and call them up on giving abuse then he wouldn't be doing anything bad.

People who send abuse on twitter always just get passed off as being a 'troll' and it's wrong that they get away with it like that. I also often see people using the excuse that they're a paying supporter so they 'have every right' to say what they want, but that doesn't excuse sending abuse. Though this little exchange was nothing compared to what I've seen some supporters say.

Nothing wrong with what Distin has done today.

Fans sending abuse to players annoy me so much.

Makes no sense and makes us all look like idiots.

What Sylvain has done is a human response and a bit tongue in cheek.

I like to see this sort of thing.

And what a surprise that 'Royston Stones' is all pally with him now.

ha ha .speaking of aldo if i knew anything about twitter id send him one myself and im a red...sick of these ex reds being resurected from wherever myself ...the latest one ive heard is they are trying to make a dvd of the 63/64 team and asking where are they now...heard the lot now..i know its easter and the resurection and all that but some things should be left for ones memory i think..

I'm not saying it does give any right to abuse mate, quite the opposite in fact, but when your in the media spotlight be it rightly or wrongly the case that you know if you react its gonna be a story and in many ways maybe that's why he does react rather than simply blocking the person or going through another route to stop it happening.

as for the troll mate they know theirs another person on the other end and they simply don't care, it's the reaction that their after and if they get it their happy.

Honestly glad i never have used twitter, its probably the lowest of the low net wise mate

I'll raise you YouTube comments for that. Sure are some strange folks out there, especially as we've just had what must rank as one of the more satisfying results/performances for some time.

Sorry can't condone any player violence towards any fan. The big fella would be much better off donning his cap and nipping round to deliver some milk to the soft gets missus whilst he's at work - if you know what I mean !
Spot on that! I wish to withdraw my former statement and fully support your view.

Nothing wrong with what Distin has done today.

Fans sending abuse to players annoy me so much.

Makes no sense and makes us all look like idiots.

What Sylvain has done is a human response and a bit tongue in cheek.

I like to see this sort of thing.

And what a surprise that 'Royston Stones' is all pally with him now.

how does he even know he was an evertonian, plus what about going up to the fans to thank them for the support but instead giving attention to a troll who will be laughing his head off if he reads this thread.

I'll raise you YouTube comments for that. Sure are some strange folks out there, especially as we've just had what must rank as one of the more satisfying results/performances for some time.

Oh actually good shout on the youtube comments, some absolutely disgusting things get posted their tbh, more than enough to make me think half the human race really should be banned from breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back